—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

O Homem Que Copiava (The Man Who Copied) Reviews

Ina S

March 5, 2006
A lighthearted, charming, very Brazilian and thoroughly entertaining little gem.
January 13, 2009
The Man Who Copied is a curiosity. It doesn't stick with a genre, and it's unclear to me if this is a fault or an asset. Jorge Furtado, the director, plays fast and loose with the story. He throws bits of this and that into the mix all of which adds up to an uncatogorizable film. Is it a thriller? A comedy? A romantic comedy? It's hard for me to even match this up with any other movie I've seen. I see this film as more of a sketch than an oiled machine, and yet, there's considerable depth to the story. (The story stuck with me for a while, and I spent some time discussing it with the friend I saw it with.) It's the depth, the incongruities that kept me thiking about it, that makes me like it. The Man Who Copied is anything but. It's an original.
nanoqna
January 22, 2007
its about money! money makes ppl do bad things like andre. andre is good to i wanted him 2 win. good movie w/ twists!
September 24, 2012
Has its flaws, but it's a good movie nonetheless. Shoutout for the criticism of the mass media.
April 25, 2012
EU AMO CINEMA BRASILEIRO
January 5, 2012
Fraco...... Bom, vale pela atuação do Lazaro Ramos.
October 1, 2011
INCREDIBLE MOVIE!!!!!! Funny without being corny. Great plot not predictable at all. Great acting. Lot's of twist and turns like old white people dancing. I Highly trcommed this movie. I want to buy it.
samurai2347
February 15, 2006
I enjoyed [b][i]The Man Who Copied[/i][/b]. It was an entertaining look watching the characters go deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole. I was completely into it by the end. The only problem I had was the very slow start. It was narrative over-kill at the beginning. I got tiered of that and was glad when the movie finally got along to the actual story. The story was complex and a lot of different threads going on, but it could have been done without all the narrative.

In the end, the movie paid off and was worth watching. It had some very interesting points that it brought out about money, love, relationships, and how things can really keep getting bigger. Don't want to spoil anything by saying more. The 6/10 was due really to the slow start and the heavy narrative.