100% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

O Homem Que Copiava (The Man Who Copied) Reviews

September 24, 2012
Has its flaws, but it's a good movie nonetheless. Shoutout for the criticism of the mass media.
April 25, 2012
EU AMO CINEMA BRASILEIRO
February 18, 2012
Film multiface à la fois comà (C)die, romance et thriller + Marinêis <3

"- Did she say the guy had
to be rich and a non-smoker?

- Then why don't you wait
till you get rich to stop smoking?"

"I may be a wimp. But I am not a sucker."
January 5, 2012
Fraco...... Bom, vale pela atuação do Lazaro Ramos.
October 1, 2011
INCREDIBLE MOVIE!!!!!! Funny without being corny. Great plot not predictable at all. Great acting. Lot's of twist and turns like old white people dancing. I Highly trcommed this movie. I want to buy it.
Harsh4U
September 6, 2011
Actors, direction, storyline: just perfect!
June 20, 2011
Arianeta recommends this as being Original & Surprising
Arianeta
Arianeta

August 19, 2011
In the age where our cinematographic vision and sensibilities are blurred beyond repair by senseless, worse than junk box office nonsense like Spiderman, Harry Potter etc (sorry fans :) ), it is nice to learn that a film has been made in Brazil by Jorge Furtado which talks about a common man from a realistic point of view. It's a modern fable, with touches of humor and sarcasm. The narrative is mixed with cartoon combining the life of the main character with the things that he copies. Lazaro Ramos is our rebel with a cause. He plays the role of a poor boy who wishes to triumph in life. Seeing him in face countless adversities with a smile on his face, we get a smile too. Both the female leads are excellent. On the one hand Leandra Leal is cute with girl next door appearance. On the other hand Luana Piovani is the ethereal femme fatale ready for all. Excellent film.Totally recommended.
August 14, 2011
Long movie but engaging and with a different plots and a twist. Well written, well acted. Humorous characters plus a sexy one provides good entertainment. The movie also provides a social commentary on the Brazilian struggling class and pays homage to old movie montages - most notable is the silent movie treatment during a critical scene where we discover something important about his secret love. Very well done.
March 11, 2011
Lázaro Ramos é ótimo, bom filme.
October 20, 2010
Amazing, original fun movie, with action, drama, love, humor, crazy stuffs, and many more.
jobertsa
July 18, 2009
Very funny! Great script and good actors. Muito divertido! Ótimo roteiro e bons atores.
July 14, 2009
Adoro esse filme. Adoro a historia, o elenco, o desenrolar do romance, o planejamento de tudo, o final. AHH *-*
April 12, 2009
Es una curiosidad. Pocas veces se puede encontrar un filme cargada de tantos recursos audiovisuales para narrar una historia. Y lo mejor del caso es que aquellos recursos no sobran ni hacen falta, son necesarios y bastante precisos. Las actuaciones son buenas. Y la presencia en pantalla de esas dos bellezas brasileras es algo maravilloso.
January 18, 2009
I really liked this one. Jorge Furtado keeps getting better. And the acting was awsome, even Lazaro Ramos, one of my least favorite actors. Leandra Leal is so cute playing the shy girl next door, Silvia. Well, despite the fact that Luana Piovani is playing herself, she was really funny as Marinês. Pedro Cardoso looks great as the patetic seller who pretends to be rich to sleep with Marinês.
A really original story told by the talented eye of Jorge Furtado.
January 13, 2009
The Man Who Copied is a curiosity. It doesn't stick with a genre, and it's unclear to me if this is a fault or an asset. Jorge Furtado, the director, plays fast and loose with the story. He throws bits of this and that into the mix all of which adds up to an uncatogorizable film. Is it a thriller? A comedy? A romantic comedy? It's hard for me to even match this up with any other movie I've seen. I see this film as more of a sketch than an oiled machine, and yet, there's considerable depth to the story. (The story stuck with me for a while, and I spent some time discussing it with the friend I saw it with.) It's the depth, the incongruities that kept me thiking about it, that makes me like it. The Man Who Copied is anything but. It's an original.
siaht
June 9, 2008
adorable! i really loved this movie!
"start, stop!"
July 15, 2008
Released the same year as City of God (so never gained the attention it deserved), this is now my best Brazilian movie. Romantic, funny, optimistic and cruel at times, with a very successful casting (how cute is Leandra Leal as Sílvia?). It was a bit longer than it should, maybe. Anyway, good job, nice film.
June 10, 2008
I wish I could watch every movie ever made but I sadly don't have the time. I'm not interested in this movie because I don't think I'll like it or don't know enough about it to think I might like it. I may still end up seeing it some day though.