• PG, 1 hr. 34 min.

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Man Who Knew Too Little Reviews

July 12, 2014
Murray drops his wiseass persona to play a clueless, Mittyesque character who craves some excitement in his life. Unfortunately, though he is game and the material tries to be funny, it simply is poorly executed.
February 18, 2008
It had its funny moments, but the movie was ultimately forgettable.

Grade: C+
June 23, 2014
It's a silly reverse who dun-it movie. It could easily be a Mr Magoo sketch. But it's funny & that's all that matters. Bottom Line...ITS A BILL MURRAY FILM. Obv it's Amazing. "Blockbuster Video, Des Moines Iowa" 4-stars
June 11, 2014
really cute, junky flick with Murray in the type of role he does so well. Much better than Lost in Translation.
June 9, 2014
Anyone other than Murray and this is a total flop.
May 23, 2014
The material is so tiresome and unimaginative that even Bill Murray becomes stale.
May 13, 2014
I'm not a big fan of farce. Normally, it's just too ridiculous for me.
smike18
April 11, 2014
I enjoyed this film since the debut at the cinema and enjoyed it even more on HD. This is a must own on bluray. Bill Murray does it again even as little as he might of had knew in this film.
January 24, 2014
I enjoyed it, but it wasn't that funny or that great of a movie.
January 8, 2014
I loved it another Bill Murray classic. Funny, Funny.....Funny!
August 14, 2013
Although made in the 90s, this is an 80s B-grade film. Fortunately it?s got Bill Murray in it so that?s enough reason to watch it. (But not justification for Garfield.) A bumbling-idiot type think he?s acting in a city-wide roleplay and gets caught up in a plot to restart the Cold War. Obviously Bumbling Guy is good-hearted and foils every crook along the way without realising it, even bagging the girl. The protagonist gets many mysterious phone calls from different players, telling him to ?flush the girl? when she?s ?in the bathroom? and other euphemisms to make you laugh and think, ?They?re talking about murder but he thinks it?s the actual bathroom!? All obvious and lame, but you can?t help but think it would be lamer if it was made today. Imagine who they?d shove into this thing instead of Bill Murray. Rob Schneider. Yep. You know I speak the truth.

Also, watching Bill Murray make an admirable attempt at Cossack dancing is fun. In this scene Murray unknowingly juggles a bomb while two evil guys watch with baited breath and wonder at this ?evil mastermind? who won?t stop foiling them. You get the gist.

Not bad in a deliberately unfunny way, but OK in a ?copyrighted 80s humour with occasional highlights? way. Or maybe thank Bill Murray and his unflappable good nature.
June 23, 2013
Bill Murray is a goofball
Bill C.
April 21, 2013
Great Bill Murray vehicle. Very funny, great cast, Lunacy, idiocy, ridiculous, great laughs.
April 16, 2013
For the first hour, this is a brilliant fall-out-of-your-chair funny vehicle for the genius of Bill Murray. No movie has ever made me laugh remotely this hard, and that has applied to three viewings over the past five years. Is the end stupid and somewhat dull? Absolutely. But don't let the curmudgeons talk you out of the best laugh you have had in a long time; the first hour is SO good that any price is worth it..
March 5, 2013
Very funny movie. You need to understand what type of movie it is. If you go in expecting an oscar best picture, you'll be disappointed. If you want a situational comedy that has a good (if occasionally ridiculous story line) with numerous quotable funny lines, you will be pleased. Highly recommended for anyone who can enjoy a good comedy.
August 1, 2007
Bill Murray being allowed to just be himself within an interesting concept, yep, it works if you like light hearted comedies or are a Murray fan.
Connor G.
February 20, 2013
Amusing, but starting running out of steam near the end.
Simon Christian
February 19, 2013
Didnt like it when it came out, watched it again on Netflix recently,..... WHAT WAS I THINKING?? This movie is classic Murray! Of course he has many spectrums as an actor, and while I've enjoyed his more mature recent turns, I've always favored the wise cracking Murray (Ghostbusters, Meatballs,Groundhog Day,ect..), the kind, simple, and oblivious Murray (The Man Who Knew to Little, What About Bob, Caddy Shack, ect..). Those performances and their like have a charm I've enjoyed since childhood.
Scott C.
February 18, 2013
Very funny. One of my all-time favorite comedies! Watching it a second time will amplify the experience.
February 3, 2013
Farcical comedy held together by the genius of Murray. I would direct readers to the gem of the genre, "A Fish Called Wanda", before giving this a whirl.