Man with the Screaming Brain - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man with the Screaming Brain Reviews

½ February 19, 2009
A great time. One outragiously funny and original movie that has the old school 1950's sci-fi style and material. It packs great laughs, mayham and crazyness. Bruce Campbell brings his great nack for comedy as well as a great directional debut, proving he can handle being the star and crafting his own film.
½ January 27, 2009
In this Sci Fi original type movie Bruce Campbell loses all of his good Indie cred by doing his same old tired schtick.
puffchunk
½ September 5, 2008
Bruce is alright, but the movie needed some help. These made for sci fi movies should be b movies, but they often aren't good enough to even be that.
½ June 9, 2007
Bruce Campbell rocks!!! This is ultimate B-movie cheese, intentional for a change (at least I THINK it's intentional) and as long as you're not expecting Citizen Kane, a lot of fun.
August 9, 2007
After I watched this movie, I did, indeed, feel as if my brain were screaming. This movie was, to put it simply, PAINFUL to sit through- it's full of sub-corny jokes, cheesy effects, virtually no budget (the poster is actually the cover of the comic book adaptation, for cripe's sakes!), nothing but daytime shooting (as there was not enough money for a night shoot), hence no atmosphere, pathetic attempts at acting, and a rapping Russian played by Ted Raimi. This direct-to-video tripe has so few redeeming qualities that I wouldn't recommend this movie to ANYONE- and no, there is no exception to this. Still, though Bruce Campbell fails on almost every level in his first outing as a director, his own performance is as all-out as anything else he's done, and he goes garner a few chuckles; and Stacy Keach is always nice, even with a phony Russian accent. All in all, though, unless you are obsessed with Bruce Campbell to an unhealthy degree, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE!
May 11, 2007
I love Bruce Campbell, but this was bad, and not in a 'so bad it's good' way, it just not good.
FanGirl
June 21, 2006
I love Bruce, but this kinda' sucked big time.
November 26, 2008
I save my true DVD reviews for my Netflix profile, but as just a movie this is a 3 star movie. And I don't think many B movies should strive or can achieve more. They need to give what the audience wants. Ebert has a redeeming stance of judging a movie for the audience its targeting. In that sense, this gives what is expected, but is a bit slow to start up. However, the extras on a DVD make this a 4 star movie. Bruce Campbell can give a commentary on movies he hasn't even seen that are absolute crap and I'd listen.
October 17, 2008
For a Sci-Fi Channel movie, though, it was great! (But, for me, that's not saying a lot. I'm not the biggest fan of Sci-Fi Channel original programming. It seldom has heart in it.) Ted Raimi and Stacey Keech did crack me up with their Russian accents, Campbell's moustace was outstanding, love the robot and the scene where his wife falls down several flights of stairs was king! However, the flick took a bit too long to get to any screaming brain (for this type of movie, because, afterall, sometimes less plot could be good sometimes), there was a tad bit of overkill of Ted Raimi, and the villan (a gypsy woman) had lame motives. Still, worth a watch for fans of camp...
½ October 3, 2008
cheesy sci fi fun....bruce campbell.....and slapstick with him and ted raimi...do i need to say truly why this movie is fun? i think not
½ June 11, 2007
Not even Bruce Campbell could save this movie. Do check it out for the great 'robot-acting-like-a-human-doing-the-robot' gag.
½ June 8, 2007
Wasn't able to even finish this movie. Horrible. I love Bruce Campbell and everything but, it's like this movie was made in someone's back yard. "oh c'mon let us use your house for a scene or two!!!". Yeah, it needs some work.
½ June 6, 2007
It's good to see Bruce Campbell doing something, even if it's made for TV sci-fi channel films. I actually saw this in the theatres... twice, a pretty enjoyable movie.
½ January 18, 2007
This movie was made for the Sci - Fi Network . It stars Bruce Campbell and is a really off beat movie !
½ December 12, 2006
I liked this movie only because I was at a theater where Bruce Campbell was there and gave an intro to it and told us about how Bulgaria is the cheapest place in the world to make a movie, thus, this one was made. There were some good scenes, but otherwise it was pretty weird.
November 14, 2006
a little under two hours of bruce campbell doing slap stick....shall i rip out my vibrator now to masterbate to this flick?!
October 15, 2006
This could be one of the worst movies I've ever seen if it weren't intentionally made to be that way. The jury's still out on this one.
½ September 11, 2006
HILARIOUS MOVIE! oh my god i lvoe this film. IT was Bruce Campbell's directorial debut, and he rules in it.
July 9, 2006
you gotta like cult cheese movies to appreciate this.. but that's my favorite type.. bruce campbell and sam rami are a great team
June 28, 2006
I really hate to say this, but I didn't find this to be very enjoyable at all. It quite simply is not very good. :(