Manticore Reviews

½ September 2, 2008
The plot had potential, but the special effects were very poorly done. It would have been better if we had never seen the Manticore -- just shadows or a claw here and there. The acting, though, was a pleasant surprise. Robert Beltran and Jeff Fahey turned in good, solid performances. However, this movie has a few well shot scenes, and the level of action rarely lags.
August 10, 2013
Not the worst SciFi film I had the displeasure of watching, but the plot is underwhelming and the CGI "Manticore" is also badly rendered. You should pass on this one.
December 4, 2012
Sci-Fi (SyFy) Channel's best movie to date.
August 7, 2012
One of my very favourite SyFy channel movies!
This monster ROCKS! The CGI it's done with may not be, what you call, good, but I can't help but love this creature!
The movie has a fairly simple story idea of soldiers going into a town in Iraq where a beast has been unleashed and SoooOOooOOoo! Let the fun begin!
The movie does rip-off some scenes directly from Aliens, especially towards the middle... but hey, SyFy original movies are rarely original, right?
The acting for once is decent, with a some actors better than others, all in all, I was surprised! ... however, though a few characters are likeable, most are hollow and have zero development, which leaves you not caring what happens to alot of them, too bad really... I still liked Robert Beltran as the lead, Faran Tahir always makes a good villain, Jeff Fahey is always good, but my favourite would be Heather Donahue, her character isn't a great one of any kind, but I like her and in the end she was my favourite.
The monster action is fairly simple, with quite a few shoot-outs... again the creature mostly and some running around, but it's quite fun in the end and gets better as it moves towards the (in my opinion) quite exciting climax!
So all moving at good pace, with some violence here and there, fun action, good set-pieces and locations and above average perfomances for the most part, this is really the kind of movie I love watching... soliders going up against a single, fearsome and dangerous beast!

I'm probably the ONLY person to like this movie so much, but I really think it's a fun SyFy channel movie!
½ March 8, 2010
Probably one of the worst movies ever. The guns were crap ( I think really low end airsoft at best), American troops rolling around in what looked like BTR-60s from Bulgarian Army surplus. Gas masks with no filters, soldiers using civy CB's, etc. Wow one call so a veteran would have saved them alot of embarrassment. Biggest piece of crap Ive ever seen and I like B movies. If I ever see one of the DVD's I'd be embarrassed to use it as a coffee coaster.
November 1, 2007
This film is so cliche'd and predictable, not very well acted. However, Robert Beltran isn't bad. Lame special effects, a silly plot and it's not very exciting.