March of the Penguins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

March of the Penguins Reviews

February 28, 2015
It's an extremely well-done documentary. That is all.
December 12, 2014
how little we actually know about the lives of penguins !!
May 1, 2011
Freeman did a good job narrating the good points and sights in this informative educational documentary, but the film's between okay and not bad when the sad parts were too hard to watch. (C+)

(Full review coming soon - requires another viewing probably)
July 8, 2006
as far as studies of nature go, this is only a slight cut above the norm, the imagery is chosen with maximum manipulation in mind in spite of their obvious beauty, appropriately suited for families but not at all understated
December 28, 2009
I'm sure nature freaks like it but I'm not a nature freak.
April 21, 2014
Pretty good wildlife film, great music too
March 31, 2014
A natureza conta e reconta as mais belas histórias em todos os seus ciclos, sorte as invenções dos seres humanos conseguirem captar uma obra tão poética e sublime.
½ November 28, 2013
It Is An Awesome Nature Movie In All Regards! One Of The best.
½ February 23, 2014
Another really good nature documentary. I learned so much about penguins. Things that I had no idea about. Great film....
½ February 12, 2014
Nothing that hasn't been done before.
January 27, 2014
Te most pure sweetness
December 25, 2013
It was a really interesting and very entertaining live-action nature documentary. It had really amazing cinematography, really great narration, great drama, great adventure, really great music and a very interesting story. It's one of the best nature documentaries I've ever seen. I will recommend this movie to both kids and adults.
December 21, 2013
It's all right, but I wouldn't call it a classic.
December 16, 2013
Beautifully filmed under extraordinarily difficult conditions. Breath-taking, but a somber reminder of the struggle to survive that most animals face. Not for the very young -- this is not a Disneyfied version of nature.

The DVD has a film about the filming of March of the Penguins and a LooneyTunes Bugs Bunny/penguin short.
December 12, 2013
Incredible cinematography.
November 7, 2013
March of the Penguins is an emotional journey alongside the illustrious Emperor penguins on their march to their generations old breeding ground. Miles walked, chicks lost and dangers abound; the penguins fight for their lives and the lives of their children as they wander the Antarctic wasteland in search of their home after said breeding period ends. Each winter these multicolored soldiers march single file through the chill of their environment in order to pair up monogamously with one another for their entire breeding cycle. Cinematically, this documentary is in the forefront of its class. Breathtaking shots of the splendorous Antarctic glaciers and bodies of water make for an unequaled documentary experience. This documentary is an odd experience from a viewer's perspective. Hilarity and sadness mingle in a ballet of emotions continuously from scene to scene. One scene will be hilariously displaying a chick falling over it's own feet to land face-first in a pile of snow, yet the next will be of another chick being attacked by a seagull or an older penguin being carried away by their mortal enemy the leopard seal. Morgan Freeman's stern, grandfather-like voice lends itself to the emotional scenes, creating a mixture of perfection that not only makes the viewer understand the sadness, but hold those emotions inside for a long time after the credits role.
October 31, 2013
Top film. My son loves it
November 5, 2013
March of the Penguins is a great documentary. It is a documentary unlike any other in regards to the time and work that went into recording it. The crew stayed outside and filmed these penguins in Antarctica, the harshest environment on Earth. This film is an emotional rollercoaster. It goes from penguins walking in a comical fashion to leopard seals killing mother penguins on their way to feed their chicks. However, this is life and the Godlike voice of Morgan Freeman as narrator emphasizes this. Luc Jacquet did a marvelous job at capturing the cruelness and unpredictability of life. This film made me feel as though I understood the emperor penguins through its close-ups, voiceovers, and sound track. In one scene, a mother realized her chick had died and Morgan Freeman said ?sometimes the mother will even try to steal another?s chick.? Showing you how hard it is for the mother penguin to deal with the loss of her chick, like humans, making the mood easier to understand. This documentary could be used as a way to explain or witness the harshness of life; the reason why I feel this is an excellent film. It is a masterpiece that is great for all ages and families.
½ April 24, 2011
A story of travel, triumph and heart. Only the strongest wouldn't cry whilst watching this, I did when I was younger, it doesn't hit me like it used to but there's still a lot of sad moments, but after all this is nature at the end of the day. March of the Penguins mixes moods of depression, happiness, hope and sometimes the odd bit of humour, and all this is brought to life by the voice of Morgan Freeman.
July 1, 2012
96% A very special documentary that connects human sympathies with the Emperor Penguin's march for survival.