The Marksman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Marksman Reviews

deano
½ October 1, 2006
Not bad explosive action-thriller. But I'm a fan of Wesley Snipes.
½ December 4, 2013
(10%)
Poor Wesley Snipes having to be in crap like this. The script even for an action movie (the better action movies always have at least quite good scripts) is really, really poor, cliched and bland, the supporting cast wouldn't be out of place in a daytime soap opera and a lot of the "action" is made up of old stock footage of planes landing on aircraft carriers again and again. Snipes, just like certain cheapo Seagal movies, is not actually in the movie that much, and when he is he's given just as bad lines as everyone else. There is one OK action sequence, but the awful and boring army intelligence scenes feel like they make up at least half of the run time and they just ruin everything. Snipes deserves better. Avoid.
July 21, 2011
If you're into combat movies, this is enjoyable and not too silly, unlike other action films.
½ April 25, 2011
pretty bad movie...lousy acting, too many characters, plot was absurd(the usa goes into russia to do their dirty work for them?) etc, etc.....many other movies like this one have been much better.
September 23, 2008
This movie was barely watchable. Snipes may have said a dozen words throughout......for better or worse. If your not doing anything on a Tuesday night, I'd lowly recommend this movie.
wcx
December 19, 2005
[COLOR=Black]"The Marksman" SUCKS.

I rented a movie out of pure curiosity. Wesley Snipes movie. What a terrible mistake. I've seen some pre-ttty shitty movies, but this is truly the [b]GOD of shitty movies.[/b] Negative ten stars out of four. S3 ViRGE shitty. Catching your girlfriend with the neighbor's dog shitty.

This movie is called "The Marksman" and it's so shitty, I would rather watch "Catwoman" than this. In my entire life I've never seen a movie so shitty that even [b]I[/b] run out of patience and stop it or walk out before the end. And now, I have seen such a movie. "Catwoman," I never saw. But "Gigli" and "Battlefield Earth," I both saw. And I didn't hate either of those as much as I hate "The Marksman." This movie is so shitty, it inspires actual [b]RAGE[/b] in me.

Another movie on Rotten Tomatoes, "Ballistic," got 0% on the Tomatometer. And even compared to "Ballistic," "The Marksman" should receive a [b]-100%[/b] score - that is, a [b]negative perfect score.[/b]

I've stayed up all night, drunk and sick, laying upside down in front of a tv I was too ill to reach out and turn off. The 3am "Late Late Late Late Night" movies I've seen in such a condition...cinematic gold, multiple-Oscar-worthy, compared to "The Marksman."

This movie is the Pontiac Aztek, the Windows 2.0, the 9-month-old unrefrigerated chocolate milk, of movies.

The only fitting punishment for the filmmakers is for them to be cuffed to a medieval iron maiden with a TV screen fitted into it and forced to watch their own film in horrible physical as well as mental pain for 1000 years. This movie is so bad, the production company ought to be legally disbanded for distributing WMD.

To say "The Marksman" has joined the pantheon of such films as "Honey," "Glitter," "Gigli," and "From Justin to Kelly" is to savagely insult those films, for "The Marksman" belongs on a shit pedestal as far above those shitfilms as the World Trade Center's twin towers rose above New York City.

My eyes bleed and my ears screech. May GOD have mercy on my soul for having experienced "The Marksman."

Recently, the United States government dismantled all its nuclear weapons, stating that the military had found "more effective tools." Nearly simultaneously, "The Marksman" disappeared from all 23 video stores nationwide that carried this movie.[/COLOR]
August 30, 2005
CHEAPIE ACTION FILM, THE STORYLINE IS NOT PARTICULARLY INTERESTING. ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE BAD ROMANIAN MADE FILMS THAT HAVE BEEN POPPING UP SO OFTEN. IMPLAUSABLE PLOT. WESLEY SNIPES CAN'T EVEN HELP THIS ONE.