Marley Reviews

½ May 10, 2015
a powerful telling of a genius who brought people together through his music and vision, a documentary which is full of insight and new tellings of the life of one of the most brilliant minds in our generation
½ January 13, 2015
Awesome. I had no idea he died of cancer and poor medical advice. Nor, did I recognize the reach of his music.
½ December 28, 2014
Good and fascinating documentary but it feels as though the implications for the Marley brand have influenced Kevin MacDonald's reporting and the documentary stints on the spiritual aspects especially the reactions of Haile Salassie and Marley's last days.
November 3, 2014
A fantastic, and intimate documentary. One of the best.
September 9, 2014
An in-depth film/documentary about the fascinating and perplexing impact of Marley's music and iconic persona. His life and and his following still leave vibrations on today's society that are incalculable. It was dissected thoroughly and thoughtfully enough to solidify this documentary well.
May 6, 2012
I have it on bootleg i just have yet to watch it
April 22, 2012
Fabulous movie. Loved the music and am much better informed about the story behind the lyrics. Amazing impact he had on people. Taken too young.
November 21, 2013
fantastic film for all BM lovers , some fantastic clips and a lot of thing I did not know about him
Harlequin68
November 7, 2013
This is an epic documentary about the legendary reggae musician, Bob Marley, as told through archival footage and interviews with friends, family and colleagues. The documentary starts with his parents before going onto Jamaican independence and the how and why of reggae's distinctive sound, as I also learned a good deal about Jamaican politics in the bargain. While Marley goes from rags to riches in his musical career, the nation of Jamaica also comes of age. But after all of that, Marley still remains somewhat of an elusive figure, even though you could say that he was Jamaica and that Jamaica is Bob Marley.
½ April 16, 2012
What a crazy experience, looking through his life like that. The beautiful shots and interviews combined with the extreme amounts of fantastic found footage, from his personal life to his concerts, creates an absolutely outstanding film.
July 31, 2012
This doco covers all the bases. It tells you everything you want to know and moves along at a good pace. Doesn't get bogged down with too much detail but instead paints a great picture of one of the worlds best known musical artist. I recommend it to any fan of Bobby, who would like some insight into the life & times of a musical icon.
October 10, 2013
Caught it at the roxy monday night...so good, so good.
August 25, 2012
bridging an icon's personal life, the social circumstances of his nation and his sound which helped to shape world culture, macdonald's dissection is both honest and forthcoming, a great slice of modern music history
August 14, 2013
Great movie. Watched it with my kids and they loved it! Recommended to everyone, even though you're not a Bob Marley fan.
April 3, 2012
fantastic film, really went into everything about marleys life, from family, fame, health,death,friends,country,drugs,and his rise.
July 15, 2013
not as good as caribbean nights but It tells why he wrote what he wrote. like the song small Axe tru story
July 7, 2013
Fantastic extensive documentary about the Reggae maestro who preached peace and was stricken down by cancer at too young an age.
½ May 2, 2012
Loved it and learnt a lot about Marley and Jamica's history that I never knew. He really was like a Rasta Gandhi - just loved life. Wonder what he'd think nowadays with so much hate. I left half a star off as I would've liked more explanation where more songs came from. Know this might be hard as only Marley probably knows. One song I really wanted to know more about was Redemption Song - which is probably is biggest and kinda skirted over. "Love, prosperity, unity, Jah..Rastafari"
July 5, 2013
Insightful, absorbing and moving.
½ June 22, 2013
Pretty informational. Great if you love Bob.