97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Marmaduke Reviews

July 10, 2013
Based on the long-running comic strip - a suburban family moves to a new neighborhood with their well-meaning but trouble-making Great Dane. This movie was hated by the critics and the people and I am not calling this a good movie but I will not lie that I did enjoy it.
March 29, 2010
(First and only full viewing - 7/28/2010 in theaters)
Charles D. Borg
July 13, 2014
A good time at the movies with, arguably, the best comic strip character ever... yes, I said the BEST. Eat your heart out Charlie Brown.
June 17, 2014
Great film to watch with your younger kids, It's not "Homeward Bound" of course, but I have seen worse and at least it keeps your children entertained.
June 10, 2014
As much as I hate to admit it, this was my guilty pleasure of 2010. Such a good movie. I mean, looking back at that year, it shouldn't have been a "guilty pleasure" but at the time it was so underrated and great!!! Of course now, as I become one of "the people", Marmaduke becomes crap, but at the time oh so good of a movie! and underrated too! excellent storytelling excellent different experience of a movie.
Emily the Film Buff
May 29, 2014
One of the few movies I fell asleep watching at the cinema!
NaWia
NaWia

May 21, 2014
I really love Movies with talking Animals, and their quotes are so funny.
April 27, 2014
This is one of the better "talking dog" movies I've seen; it is certainly better than Cats & Dogs and its sequel. However, aspects of the plot and the "family before work" theme seems reused, and had been done better by many family films in the past couple decades. I was amazed by how well-trained many of the animals were; while its overreliance on CGI was unnecessary in some parts, many of the effects surprised me for a film this low-key.
April 21, 2014
Nice family movie, but probably not something I will ever watch again.
April 7, 2014
there are better dog films a bit run of the mill
March 28, 2014
The results of when a mediocre idea for a movie like Garfield actually turns a profit. Producers rummage through the Sundays to find another decently popular comic strip with a similar idea, and stumble upon Marmaduke. Add in a terrible script, no respect for the source material, and a whole bunch of random celebrity voices, and you have a movie with absolutely no merit to speak for. This movie had dialog that has not seen the light of day, and for good reason. While there were some slightly funny moments here and there, it was all just lazy comedy. The fact that they made Marmaduke talk in the first place was one of the biggest mistakes the movie came up with. All of the lines about "Oh no! I can't do it!" and then the "Come on, you can do it!" then we have the "I'm scared! I can't do it!" and then the God-awful "Oh, wow, I can do it! Yay!" These moments were a fall-back to actually writing something. I could go on and on about how bad this movie was, but you won't understand unless you actually watch it, and keep watching it once the song-and-dance routine starts at the end, with badly CGIed Dogs doing the mummy dance. I really wish I were kidding right now. Anyway, skip over this. The DVD cover with the cat and dog in sunglasses should be a huge clue as to how much this movie insults your intelligence. Sorry for the rant.
Sgt. Cockstrain
December 26, 2013
(16%)
A very average at best talking animal family movie with a story so weak is is pretty amazing that the writers even bothered to start writing it, never mind finish. It is inoffensive and mildly amusing at times, but I doubt even young children will show much joy towards it.
November 1, 2010
Yeah-I'm sorry 2 say it but I saw Marmaduke (I was curious as 2 how bad it actually was). I have 2 admit, it was better than I expected. Still crap though
Channing Tatum
January 31, 2014
Marmaduke offers virtually no humor and wit, making it a boring film that will only entertain the least-demanding viewers.
January 29, 2014
You know, I came in with low expectation, but to my surprise, this was pretty watchable. Sure the jokes were lame and the CGI was mediocre at best, but the story itself was actually very solid. And that's saying a lot considering that this movie came from a Sunday paper comic that I can pretty much guarantee that no one really cares about.
January 27, 2014
There are some laughs and good vocal performances, but Marmaduke is mostly a typical talking animal film for kids that adults will wish to be over as soon as possible.
January 14, 2014
you have no respect for your kids intellegence if you think they'll like this movie
January 9, 2014
Dear Hollywood,

The words been out for a while now that remakes and talking animal movies are getting old. Yet, despite that obvious fact, you combine both of these and make something as boring as Marmaduke.

-Everyone
Aaron B.
March 30, 2012
How do you turn a one-panel comic strip into a movie? Simple, you don't. The jokes are awful, the CGI is laughably bad and the whole story is a cliched, phoned-in piece of nothing.
October 6, 2012
Even though it doesn't fall into the traps that Garfield does, it proves that comic strips should remain comic strips