67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Mars Needs Moms Reviews

Gordon C.
August 18, 2013
I like the cast and the animation is fantastic but I have trouble loving it. The plot is clumsly and I believe the producer concentrate too much on animation but not on story and that why it's terrible.
August 18, 2013
It has creepy, soulless looking characters, a charmless uninteresting story and poorly written attempts at humour.
March 9, 2011
ietwat moraliserend, maar super mooie en leuke film. had er nog nooit van gehoord
August 15, 2013
Frightening in all its glory. The technology used is good but the story is not. I can not believe John Powell works in this lousy movie.
Jed
August 1, 2013
A fun and visually resplendent animated sci-fi flick with some genuine heart and imagination.
July 19, 2013
Good family entertainment for everyone. Very enjoyable but sometimes the creepy animation takes away that.
July 2, 2010
This happens to be more kid-friendly than the more adult-oriented Rango. Hopefully kids will appreciate their mothers after watching this film. The story is quite simple and far from reality, but it is packed with sweet and good messages. We need our mothers and she is usually faced with tough times in trying to raise us right.
May 27, 2012
Una peli cutre que a pesar de tener buenos escenarios, no es suficiente al ser muy predecible la historia, personajes planos y destestables, HIstoria muy cliche y con mucha semejanza a Jimmy neutron, modelado de animacion cutre y flojo, que perdida de tiempo fue esta peli, con razon fracaso en taquilla
July 7, 2013
The title kills the movie. Seriously. Who on earth will take pride for watching a movie called: "Mars needs moms"? A kid? really? Can't you picture a kid asking his pals: "hey guys: let's go to the movies to see: Mars needs moms". He will end up with his head in a toilet. I mean, maybe if we were in 1950 this movie would have been a hit, but in 2011? Do people in Disney have any idea about what kids like in these days? I am grown up, and I am embarassed to even watch a movie with that corny, cheesy, stupid title. This movie have to be tossed to the same trash can where "Honey, I shrunk the kids" was tossed. Again: from where Disney gets this titles?
After saying that there is no doubt about what the movie is about and its development. Marge is kidnapped to Mars and Bart Simpson comes to the rescue, with the help of Homer, but with no jokes. If fact I would had prefered that version.
One star for the animation effort and please: "Disney needs clever writers"
July 5, 2013
Yawn... What a meh experience. Although Disnet has been up and down with it's non-Pixar produced projects, this is definitely a turn for the dark side. Just generally weak in all departements. It looks nice enough, but the story isn't funny or cute, and although the voice acting is good, the material is too weak to pull the film through it.

A disappointing experience.
The Driver
March 6, 2013
(3/10)

Mars Needs Moms is a sci-fi animated movie with voices provided by Joan Cusack and Dan Fogler. The movie is directed by Simon Wells who has done some decent animated fare in the past (most notably Balto and the Prince of Egypt). Unfortunately, this is a very weak animated film compared to most. While the film does provide a laugh or two throughout it's run time, the movie is a complete bore to sit through and it feels like a chore to watch. For a movie that mostly takes place on Mars, it is visually unappealing, with most of the color palette consisting of monotonous shades of chrome and gray throughout. It does have occasional splashes of color when the main character (Milo) meets a certain alien during the second half of the movie.
The plot of the movie is rather strange as well. Basically Milo is a young child who is fed up with his mother (Joan Cusack) telling him what to do all the time. The next logical step is for his mom to be kidnapped by aliens and brought to Mars. Milo soon realizes that he needs his mom more than he thought he did so he stows away on the spaceship and looks all over Mars to find her. There's nothing wrong with this premise if it's done right, but this movie doesn't have a sliver of imagination, wit or originality.
First thing's first: THE MOTION CAPTURE IS CREEPY AS SHIT. Seriously, the way the motion capture is done, it makes the characters (especially Milo and his mom) seem like they're staring into your soul with blank eyes or moving around like a damaged robot. The face animations are atrocious and never seem to fit what the character is saying or doing. Sometimes Milo's mouth moves for no reason when he's sitting still and his animations are really creepy and jerky. The visuals on Earth at the beginning look like they were ported straight out of the Sims 3 and they look terrible. The visuals once they get on Mars are monotonous, bland and boring.
Secondly, this movie lacks any imagination and it always seems to take the easy way out of situations involving Milo. The main thing the film is lacking is heart and emotion. If any animated movie is going to succeed, it needs to have heart and emotional attachment. This movie fails to provide that and it's hard to root for Milo because he's really cocky and he isn't really that likable.
A few bright spots come into the movie during the second half when Milo meets this girl alien who is able to make everything quite colorful. She is able to spruce up the bland visuals a bit during the second half of this movie. The other positive thing about this movie is that Dan Fogler provides a few laughs and his character is likable.
Overall, only watch this film if you are under 10 years old or if you want to at least watch an animated movie that's better than the Hoodwinked sequel.
Movie Matthew 101
May 13, 2013
Though it did slightly bore, Wells's first directorial attempt since 2002's terrible adaptation of his real grandfather; H.G Wells's, The Time Machine, kind of hobbles on good ideas; it's imaginative, the animation is well made, and the cast is solid, but it's confusing and multi-layered.
May 5, 2013
1/10: One of the worst cartoon I have ever seen.Soulless, empty, unlikeable and repulsive characters. Skip this, you won't miss anything even if you watch it on Mother's Day. :)
May 12, 2013
This was just wat that fucking dog ate
rusky0
April 6, 2011
Mom needs a little space.
April 21, 2013
While it looks good and sounds great. Mars Needs Moms lacks a good story or common sense in the stupidity of certain characterization and over extended parts of Mars that are not easy to understand.
April 13, 2011
nice kids film, but has flaws.
April 6, 2013
Cute movie. The sci-fi aspects kept me watching.
September 12, 2012
"Mars Needs Moms" looks good (the motion capture technology is a little jarring at first, but each effort from Robert Zemeckis looks better than the last) but most of the time it's surprisingly empty. The plot feels padded, with several scenes being included seemingly only to show off the technology as the characters fall down pipes and chutes (which would have looked great in 3D, but otherwise just feels excessive) and some choices, like having the alien "Ki" talk in 1970's lingo just doesn't work. It has a few moments with heart, as we can all relate to feeling guilty about being nasty to our mom at a certain point, but the movie doesn't go far enough with any of its characters or ideas. This needed to have more bite to make it stand out. As is, it isn't total trash and it's pretty harmless but it's really just a forgettable family film. (Blu-ray, September 11, 2012)
March 27, 2013
It was actually pretty good...