The Marsh

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Marsh Reviews

Summer W

April 17, 2009
I had high hopes for this horror flick based on its synopsis and cast, but it falls flat on its face all too quickly. The film makers have no understanding of style and ambiance; they just throw as many scares and lame special effects in your face as they can. They story and cast have potential, but it's just a bad, bad movie.
Anthony V

July 13, 2008
The presence of Forest Whitaker and actual paranormal theories cannot save this film from cliche ridden story with plenty of plot holes.
May 9, 2008
A ghost story where the person seeing the ghosts has to figure out why they died and give them peace. This was decent. I liked the makeup effects.
bigjonthunder
July 29, 2007
I was expecting another typical ghost story. I was surprised. Nice twist. Good story once it got going. Very enjoyable.
myangels
July 8, 2007
After reading all the reviews, I liked it more than I thought I would. It wasn't that scary but it was entertaining and liked guessing "who done it". Very good movie to rent!!
July 8, 2007
Once again not the best movie ever made, but I loved it anyway.. I thought I had it figured out, but there was a twist I hadn't seen.. Great job by the actors.. the story isn't the most original ever..but they made up for it..
rattnroll91
June 25, 2007
It was ok. I'll give it a 3. Had a pretty interesting story. Not everything made sense to me. For instance, I never understood the significance of the door. All in all, I enjoyed it. Gabrielle Anwar was unbelievably hot.
June 15, 2007
A little slow moving in the beginning..got better toward the middle of the movie.
Clair, a children's book writer, has been having nightmares and decides to take a vacation-in the very house near a marsh, where her nightmares take place. Lots of supernatural happenings. Creepy little girl and teenage boy! Liked Forest Whitakers charatcer.
Ashleyb13
May 7, 2007
It is sad. If this happened to me. OMG I don't even want to think about it. Lets leave it at this is an excellent movie!!!!!
Sgt. Cockstrain
November 13, 2013
(42%)
A slightly above average horror elevated by decent performances and a directer that at least tried to make an appealing movie. It is very generic and forgettable though and is not a must watch by any means.
Jase W.
October 30, 2013
nothing special but nothing overly bad either
filmhipster.com
September 6, 2012
A pleasing concept with a couple of sufficient scares but Jordan Barker doesn't execute it as well as I would have hoped.
May 19, 2012
Rote and flat to a fault. Nothing new and doesn't do the old that well either.
May 2, 2012
Hey movie, could you move a little slower? I think five lines of dialogue in the first 15 minutes is just waaay too much. Can we show the protagonist staring off into the distance a bit more, please? And can we give the characters all faint, untraceable accents? We can? Then in the words of Patrick Stewart, make it so! Honestly, I'm not ashamed of how many times I zoned out during the first half an hour. I gave up after 40 minutes, during which only about three minutes of plot development occured. I give this film a 1/2 star for total failure to hold my attention, but +1/2 because for all I know, the movie got a lot better after that. I have no desire to find out, however.
Dave J
March 1, 2012
Thursday, March 1, 2012

(2006) The Marsh
HORROR

Straight to rental film that involves children book author Claire (Gabriel Anwar) who while receiving treatment because of the constant nightmares whenever she goes to sleep, involving a little girl running through the swamp, stumbles onto a house renting flier which happens to be the exact same house as the one in her dreams decides to go and rent it for the purpose of retracting and making sense of her repeated nightmare!

The movie starts out interesting but gets worst as the film progresses as it becomes a conventional, convoluted horror story since there's a lack of police presence throughout, it's like a ghost story on a lawless town! It could've been good but ends up asking more questions!

1 out of 4

2 out of 4
July 21, 2010
An entertaining diversion of a psychological thriller, but not offering much to warrant repeat viewings.
couchfestfilms
December 2, 2009
this movie was almost like people were practicing. bad! avoid!
Jim T.
July 8, 2009
Not all that scary, and throughout all of the scary parts you find yourself asking "Why doesn't she just move house and stay away from the marsh?!".
irene b.
November 21, 2008
Great movie. I recommend you check it out. Not too scary (where you can't sleep for 9 days cause you keep thinking about the stuff you saw on the movie). hee hee It's got a nice story line, great graphics and cool unexpected ghoulish scenes.