Martian Child Reviews

½ September 13, 2012
Simply put: It is a tacky movie.
February 19, 2010
(First and only viewing - 11/15/2012)
June 22, 2014
This one is just a bit to syrupy for its own good.
½ July 18, 2008
A good movie that was almost a great movie. I like Cusack (both) so that made it a little more enjoyable. Touching but just not quite touching enough. Or, maybe it's too forced, or maybe it's just too predictable. Wasn't convincing but still worth a once over just for some of Coleman's I'm a Martian bits.
December 26, 2013
I don't care what critics say, I think it was really cute! John Cusak is a genius when it comes to playing a father....
October 23, 2013
Good, very emotional.
October 6, 2013
I loved this movie. John Cusack and Bobby Coleman brought it home. I'm still saying "Hot Coffee" and the long version of the "Never ever, ever, ever.....etc. Love it and need to watch it at least once a year!
April 30, 2008
A little melodramatic, but its hard for me to not enjoy a movie with John Cusack.
April 20, 2013
Quirky little movie that was funny and touching. If you are a John Cusack fan you will love it. He is charming and his usual off beat self.
March 2, 2013
this had a great theme and was interesting to watch. i was just about convinced by the end part that he really was from mars... i might wanna own this...
½ February 24, 2013
A really nice movie!
½ February 22, 2013
I really was intrigued with this movie and liked it very much. Based on their reactions, I think the movie critics have seen too many movies and should take a few weeks vacation before they get back into their armchairs to wow us with their wisdom.
½ November 1, 2007
This was a truly beautiful movie. Cusack and Cusack together again for more drama and laughs. I am so glad the little child was not really a martian and that he didn't pull a K-Pax!
½ September 24, 2012
I remember this movie being really good. Maybe I should rewatch it.
½ August 23, 2012
In consistent with too many plot holes.

Director Meyjes' film boasts impressively strong performances but is hampered by a bipolar script that bounces from touching to treacly and back again and dialogue that's sometimes way too obvious. "Just be yourself," David constantly tells Dennis when, in reality, he expects his son to fall in line with the new world order.
August 26, 2012
I recommend this obscenely sappy movie to 44-year old Christian moms.
½ August 14, 2012
What can I say? I'm a sucker for tear jerkers.
½ August 6, 2012
When an eccentric writer adopts a child that believes he is from Mars a journey into the psyche of both individuals follows. Adorable story and characters. Worth a rent.
March 3, 2008
awwww that is the cute movie the poor kid