Marvel's The Avengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marvel's The Avengers Reviews

May 13, 2012
Definitely a good movie. Plot not quite what I expected, but special effects are very good, and 3D was worth it. Recommend if you like the Marvel Comic Book movies. =)
May 22, 2016
before civil war came out his was my favorite movie ever it was perfectly done.
September 14, 2015
I love it. It's the gathering of our favorite Marvel heroes.
Positives: Every single one of those perfect not so perfect heroes,
Negatives: None.
July 30, 2012
Though the plot is paper thin, the way the characters interact with each other and the large action sequences more than make up for it. One of the most exciting movies out there!
April 16, 2014
I love that this movie is full of action and the fact that it keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout out the entire film. Well done, Marvel, well done!
April 28, 2016
The Avengers was so much fun and Marvel absolutely nailed it! Let me explain what I loved!

Positives:
1. The characters; this is a no brainer! Without these awesome characters this film would be nothing. They honestly shape this film and their banter and chemistry with one another is awesome! There are a lot of humorous as well as heartfelt moments which all lend to an awesome film!

2. The villain; Loki in my opinion is the best villain of the MCU. He has motivation you understand and his rivalry with Thor is mesmerizing! Tom Hiddleston once again does a fantastic job as this character and he was the perfect villain for this movie.

3. The action; all of the action is done well! There is quite a lot of CGI, but it doesn't get in the way of the film, and because of these awesome characters all the action and explosions have weight to them. If these characters hadn't been characterized properly, and it didn't have a well made story then this film would've probably turned out like a Transformers movie. Thankfully that was not the case and all the action was awesome!

Overall:
I have no cons with this film that I can think of. The Avengers is one of the best comic book films I've ever seen! It is by far one of the best things Marvel has ever done and it was one of the most fun I've had watching a movie! Even if you aren't a comic book fan I guarantee you will enjoy this film! Don't go into this movie expecting a mindless action movie like Transformers, this film is a lot more deep than that.
May 18, 2016
The Avengers is no doubt the best Avengers movie and is very close to the best Marvel movie and the best comic book movie, has all the elements required for a box office success and a movie to make the mainstream audience happy, the comic book fans and the MCU fans.
May 17, 2016
Perfect in every way!
May 17, 2016
Marvel set up years of crafting The Avengers and building a unique and vastly more dangerous universe than ours. And Joss Whedon helms this behemoth of a film to continually stun and amaze audiences around the globe that something based on comic books can be dealt upon, and you can make modern masterpieces from them. Albeit the film is not perfect, but so are our heroes who actually do care for people and they think and work together to keep the world safe. Once again with solid performances, a deceptively amusing villain, group-sized action against a seemingly unstoppable horde of baddies, and more...The Avengers is pure definition of marvelous.
May 16, 2016
An amazing film that changed comic book movies forever
May 14, 2016
Marvelous in every way, Marvel's Avengers will definitely be remembered as one of the (if not THE) greatest superhero movie(s) of all time.
May 14, 2016
Witty and brilliant, The Avengers has been built up by Marvel since the Marvel Cinematic Universe began in 2008, and will continue to amaze viewers for decades to come. This is a movie any comic book fan and average moviegoer needs to see.
June 15, 2015
Marvel's The Avengers is Fantastic!

Originally written July 2, 2012--
Wow! What can I say. I've seen this movie four times now! I went opening night, saw it a couple more times over the next two weeks, and then again the day it crossed the $600 million barrier! Joss Whedon has created a masterpiece! I honestly can't say who my most favorite character in the film is, nor who utters the best line, because the entire thing is just AWESOME! I felt like a kid again watching Saturday morning cartoons as Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Widow (Scarlett Johansson), the Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) team up to defeat Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and the Chitauri army from invading Earth. The idea of taking all of these superheroes and putting them together in one movie was not only a brilliant one, but a timely one as well. Honestly, Marvel Studios took a huge risk, but it has paid off BIG TIME! What an incredible movie! And judging by the amount of money it has made thus far, I'm not the only who feels this way! Well done Marvel!
May 12, 2016
It was so cool can't wait for the next movie
May 11, 2016
Finally!! It's here, this film was absolutely everything I wanted, the superhero chemistry was spot on terrific, perfect plot and end to Phase One, the avengers are now assembled, and can't wait for Phase Two!
Pat
May 10, 2016
Pat Kiernan, along with many other reporters, discussed the Avengers and the Battle of New York, and how the team had disappeared not long after they had first appeared.
March 13, 2012
I had a lot of fun watching this film. I am a huge fan of Joss Whedon and how he writes dialogue. I appreciated the opening of the film. i thought it would be nonstop action from beginning to end but I really appreciated how much screen time was spent developing the characters and their clashing personalities. Every character had at least a good scene or two. I thought that Robert Downey Junior would steal the show but I was completely wrong. Mark Ruffolo as Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk was the coolest thing about this movie. Best Version of the character ever. Way better than the live action tv show and the previous two hulk movies. It takes a long time for Mark to transform into the monster and he takes advantage of that by creating a bruce banner that is extremely witty but also torchered. The Final Battle sequence was spectacular and made the slow start worth it.
May 10, 2012
Baffled by the widespread acclaim. Joss Whedon is responsible for this? Seriously? It was so cringe-inducing that I struggled to even finish watching.
½ May 9, 2016
it was dumb no real plot except for iorn man having bad days.
½ May 9, 2016
Have you ever felt like solo films like Superman and Batman solo films are getting old, if so Marvel's The Avengers is the movie for you. Director Joss Whedon unlocks the future of Superhero team ups, LIke Batman Vs Superman.