Mary & Martha Reviews

September 16, 2013
Fabulous movie ....very moving it made me think about others and what they go through. I am very please with this film
½ May 4, 2013
Sorry to say but with names like Hilary Swank and Brenda Blethyn in it and its and HBO original movie you hope for more of a film then this film that seem to feel like a few short stories tied up into one big mess of a movie
½ February 3, 2015
So very good! Reality hits home! It could have been my daughter as she had malaria 5 times and could have easily died. The message is clear more needs to be done to eradicate malaria. No one should ever have to die from a mosquito bite.
½ September 17, 2014
Almost but not quite. Excellent acting and getting a very important message across. Somehow didn't quite come together but a valiant effort.
August 15, 2014
Yet another enjoyable movie from Hilary Swank. The content moved me to tears.
½ January 19, 2014
A pesar de la trama enternecedora de "Mary & Martha", no desarrolla muy bien el motivo de lucha por falta de tiempo y desarrollo de la co-protagonista y su ritmo lento la hace poco efectiva el momento de hablar de un tema tan serio como la malaria y el socorro a los niņos africanos.
½ December 3, 2013
Entertaining, but a little too idyllic.
May 22, 2013
I'm glad they made this movie... important to have awareness. I have travelled in Malaria areas quite a bit... drink Grapefruit seed extract in water all day, and sleep with a basic zapper at night (both proven to prevent and treat malaria) though I bring a bottle of Artemisinin as well as the actual prescribed meds "just in case". I know this isn't much a review for the movie... BUT I am trying to spread knowledge of how to prevent/treat
½ April 19, 2013
Deeply affecting and effective drama with wonderful performances by Hilary Swank and Brenda Blethyn, one of my favorite actresses and great photography of South Africa.
½ April 23, 2013
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
½ April 20, 2013
Quite a mix of stunning scenery, acting and subject. Very moving and very sensitive concerning parenting and protecting children. Bravo!