98% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

57% Tyrant: Season 1

Mary Poppins Reviews

KJ P

September 25, 2010
Although it's running time is a bit of a drag at times, "Mary Poppins" boasts strong musical numbers and many story elements that kids and adults can relate to. I will say that with age, this film does begin to grow a little slow, and I'm sure I'll get tons of hate for this, but it just does not connect well today. I feel like kids will love it, and I highly enjoyed watching it, but for what it is, it should be kept stored away until your kids can watch it. The most interesting things happen during the first half of the picture, which upset me a little, because I wanted a little more in the finale of the film. Sure the musical numbers are nice, but there are too many in my opinion. All in all, "Mary Poppins" is a very charming film that you can enjoy at any time, and even though it's not one of my personal favourite Disney films, it's still a very strong one.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 12, 2012
Mary Poppins is one Disney's greatest live action films. Brilliantly acted with plenty of memorable songs, this is a great film to watch with the entire family. Brilliantly directed by Robert Stevenson and with a strong lead performance in Julie Andrews as the title character, this is a great classic that is a must see for anyone who loves Disney. This is a memorable film from start to finish, one that is entertaining for the entire family. This is yet another Disney classic and it is among the best live action films that the studio has produced. This very engaging from start to finish and it's impossible to not like this. This film has charm, heart and plenty of family friendly moments. This was Disney in their prime, at the peak of their creative energy and it shows. Mary Poppins is one of the best live features that Disney has put. If you haven't seen it yet, then definitely watch it with your kids. This is an enjoyable film that people of all ages can enjoy. This film is lots of fun from start from start to finish, and it's a very memorable viewing experience. Due to its charm and heart, Mary Poppins delivers an entertaining two hours of great entertainment. This among the best live action films that Disney has put out, and it still great after all these years. Once you watch it, you'll understand why this film is so endearing to its viewers. A must see film, one that is quite hard to forget. This will certainly be among Disney fans favorite films, a great film no matter what age you are.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

January 24, 2012
A lot of Mary Poppins, even for a Disney movie is a bit silly. But I could ignore that fact though because it had a lot of charm and spunk to make up for it.
Josh M

November 7, 2011
Mary Poppins changed my life at the age of four and made me want to pursue a career of creativity and joy. It was the first film I ever saw, either in a theater or on TV. My mother sneaked me into a Montreal cinema to see this in 1964, when I was 4. At the time, children under six weren't admitted to Quebec movie theaters.

This film is haunting, funny, scary, tuneful and deeply meaningful. Its characters, magic and songs have stayed with any one who has seen throughout their lives. It's about childhood - and adulthood, and getting ones childhood back in adult life, even though you never noticed that it had disappeared.

For adults who haven't seen it since childhood, it has a different resonance. The one performance that stands out is the note perfect, subtle and affecting performance by David Tomlinson as Mr. Banks. The whole story of the film turns on him, (kids would probably not notice this) and he manages to be in turns: clueless, belligerent, regretful and finally, a flawed, loving and deeply human father.

I need not say much about Andrews and Van Dyke's charisma, chemistry and musical genius, they are perfection, Dick's horrible cockney accent actually doesn't matter a bit. And I'm a stickler for accents. The songs are the best crop of fresh, original songs ever written for a English language film. For anyone curious, I'd recommend 'The Boys' a very touching documentary about the composers, the Sherman brothers.

The film is stodgily, but effectively directed, and is overly long. That said, it well deserves its 100% rating and will live forever, whichever way people are screening movies in next few hundred years. Every kid I know loves this film, boys and girls alike. I look foward to the Blu Ray version of this masterpiece.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 15, 2011
Mary poppins is a American drea, almost everyone has seen Mary Poppins and if you have and do not like it well too bad for you, it a great movie and almost everyone loves it I think, great music and acting, awesome.
Matheus C

June 23, 2011
Walt Disney's live-action masterpiece is even better on the big screen. And it is always surprising how well it ages (much better than The Sound of Music) and how well written and scripted it is. The soundtrack is one of the best ever put to film.
Alexander D

June 14, 2011
Good+
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
A childhood favourite and a classic!
michael e.
michael e.

May 1, 2011
A fantastic performance from Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, and Ed Wynn, plus great effects and songs.
erika250
erika250

March 19, 2010
This film is about a family that has a hard time keeping a nanny. The father Mr. Banks who was so strict that he demands that his nannies treat kids like lower than life without letting being kids and having a full childhood. Then Mary Poppin taught the kids and the parents to have fun and how to be less strict. This film has really good plot and good acting. I felt like I was in the film too. I really like the dancing and the music. If u likes a silly kids film, you should give this a try.
Lady D

July 28, 2006
Not flawless by far (perhaps most noteable and known is the Cockney accent by Dick Van Dyke) yet a film everybody knows whether you love it or hate it. A childhood favourite of mine, with a mystical and adventurous story along with some very memorable songs and scenes.

A classic musical!
AJ V

September 5, 2010
A classic Disney musical with snappy tunes and lots of fun for kids and parents. A good cast too. The story is simple, but it works. If you haven't seen it, you should.
Cindy I

May 9, 2007
First film I ever saw in a theatre. I was 4 years old. I haven't seen it since and yet remember huge parts of it. The very beginning of what would become a huge love of movies.
Richard C

July 21, 2010
boring, and the song are annoying, i hate this movie. F
Conner R

June 4, 2010
All kinds of crazy happens when Mary Poppins is your nanny. This is one of the lightest Disney movies ever made, it has zero violence and teaches children how to be obedient little darlings. However, it becomes a parental fantasy when this is done. The musical numbers are even more outlandish and unwarranted, Dick Van Dyke is one crazy chimney sweeper.
Jeremy S

June 5, 2006
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" one of the great songs in this great Disney Musical Classic.
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

May 24, 2009
I will always and forever love anything with Dick Van Dyke in it.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 11, 2007
great music and choreography, the cast does exactly what was required. a solid family musical.
Anthony L

September 22, 2009
It was never a childhood favourite but I didn?t mind it.
TomBowler
TomBowler

July 31, 2009
drags on a bit but all up great film