Matching Jack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Matching Jack Reviews

October 22, 2013
Tear jerker romance involving childhood leukemia, infidelity, and an Irish sailor in Australia. It would never have worked but for the casting of Nesbitt.
½ April 22, 2011
Not matching jack but matching parents maybe... Our children are going to die so lets make love and pretend we're happy for a while... bullshit bullshit ! But the father and son relationship is worth seeing. Touring the hospital with boat shaped bed...that was a really touching scene.
½ March 24, 2016
A tearjerker for a Thursday night......
February 9, 2016
A bit sentimental but the two child actors make this tearful and honest. It is their relationship and friendship which makes this good and the fact Kodi Smit-McPhee is a superb young actor. His underplay of the dying character is worth watching.
½ June 1, 2014
Despite its grim subject, the movie sends a positive message.....Melbourne serves as a backdrop to the movie which is photograph in all of its beauty ...credible performances from Jacinda and the two children...
½ December 29, 2013
Lovely movie, but quite sad at the same time. I really sobbed with Finn's passing.
October 22, 2013
½ December 12, 2012
Great actors. Ok minus movie. The ending is cliche.
½ February 4, 2012
Gruesomeness of a killer disease shown through two viewpoints, of defeat and victory.
October 3, 2011
Warm heartfelt movie you'll need a box of tissues
August 18, 2010
Cliched, saccharine, deliberately tear-jerking, and full of condescending kiddy-magic stuff (not to mention the almost cringe-inducing faerie mysticism, courtesy of a convenient Irishman). Bit it's well-executed, with solid performances by the skilled and appealing cast (and that definitely includes Nesbitt as the Irishman). Nice to hear Barrett using her real accent. Tom Russell is the weakest performer, which perhaps wouldn't be so obvious if Kodi wasn't there for constant comparison. Not the best Tass/Parker film by a long shot, but not entirely without merit.
August 18, 2010
In one sentence this movie is the Australian equivalent to the American film My Sisters Keeper. The amazing things in this movie and My Sisters keeper is the determination of the mothers to fight to the last breath to make sure their children have every chance to survive no stone is unturned. The scene in this movie that really stands out for my is when james nesbitt looses it in the boat shed he breaks everything and screams you dont see it but hear it but its very powerful. One thing you should take away from this movie is that you should not take anything for granted and little things that seem to be issues are nothing compared to what can happen. Cherish what you have been given.
½ May 10, 2011
This was soooo sad, been a while since i have seen something that made me cry!! Another really good Aussie film!!!
½ April 22, 2011
½ February 11, 2011
Bit of a reality check
April 5, 2011
Seriously could I fall more in love with James Nesbitt???!!! The answer is YES YES YES. I love this movie but by golly did I cry...it was a snot and all movie for me. If there were more stars to give it, I WOULD.
March 31, 2011
it sucks tears from your face. it's a lifetime movie screenplay with otherwise good everything else.
August 26, 2010
It's movies like these when you thank god that your child is healthy and pray for them to remain as healthy as can be
½ October 2, 2010
It was a good movie. Kodi Smit-McPhee was great as always. But did not think the storyline was going to go in the way that it did.