Mater and the Ghostlight Reviews

½ June 24, 2011
very, very funny
deano
½ March 30, 2007
I love the Pixar short films based from the CGI animation features. So in this short, it's about Mater and how cowardly he is. The others make up a ghost story and Mater freaks out. It's all great fun for the kids.
July 9, 2009
Following on from the action in Cars, the town is all being subject to practical jokes from Mater the tow truck. Generally the quality of this movie is high which will come as no surprise to anyone who understands how high the Pixar bar is set. However nobody can hit every time and for me Cars was OK but certainly nothing all that special in terms of the material. This short continues that trend and also focuses on one of the weaker characters in Mater. The material is straightforward and pretty much comes down to a series of comic over-reactions from Mater to a light. And that's about it. For younger viewers it has enough energy and timing to provide plenty of amusement but those looking for the edge of adult wit and comedy beloved of Pixar will find themselves wanting.
January 2, 2012
I'm not a big fan of Cars. My biggest issue with Cars probably comes from the character of Mater, played by the awful stand up comic known as Larry the Cable Guy. I've never liked Larry, I find his comedy weak and his voice irritating. So this short focuses on the weak link of a movie I didn't find nearly as strong as some of Pixar's other...so yeah, this is not really my favorite thing they've produced.
April 14, 2008
Cute and funny stuff, but not a movie. Just an animated short by Pixar that they tack onto the extras of the movie DVDs. Funny stuff.
½ April 20, 2009
Brad Paisley song at the beginning and the end. Kinda funny. They scared Mater (Larry the Cable Guy)
February 13, 2013
I love these Mater Tales
April 23, 2012
Terrible. Not the worse by Pixar, but it was pretty bad. Basically a re-cap of cars, but in a short film and Mater is the main character. 2/5
½ March 7, 2012
No, come on now, no more Mater. He was a cute sidekick in the first film, now it's getting ridiculous.
June 24, 2011
A very funny Pixar film based on, "Cars" that shows that the only thing you really need to be scared of...is your imagination...and the Screaming Banshee.
½ October 19, 2010
I really like Cars but I don't like Mater. I find him very annoying. The Story about him scared about the ghost Light is ok. The Animations are brilliant.
August 22, 2010
I love all the cars shorts.
This was the first.