Movies Like Mater and the Ghostlight

79% Penny Dreadful: Season 1
84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Mater and the Ghostlight Reviews

September 9, 2011
Lots of laughs in a small package.
July 30, 2008
Mater seems to have suddenly become something of an A-List Disney/Pixar character. It's somewhat baffling too because he isn't actually very interesting. Nonetheless this is a relatively satisfying offshoot from Cars.
February 13, 2013
I love these Mater Tales
October 16, 2012
Great Pixar short.....
April 23, 2012
Terrible. Not the worse by Pixar, but it was pretty bad. Basically a re-cap of cars, but in a short film and Mater is the main character. 2/5
April 19, 2012
Doesn't seem interesting.
Zvar Watson
March 7, 2012
No, come on now, no more Mater. He was a cute sidekick in the first film, now it's getting ridiculous.
January 23, 2012
Cute, my son LOVES it
kenscheck
January 2, 2012
I'm not a big fan of Cars. My biggest issue with Cars probably comes from the character of Mater, played by the awful stand up comic known as Larry the Cable Guy. I've never liked Larry, I find his comedy weak and his voice irritating. So this short focuses on the weak link of a movie I didn't find nearly as strong as some of Pixar's other...so yeah, this is not really my favorite thing they've produced.
October 22, 2011
Entertaining for kids, but Cars never really caught my imagination, neither does Mater.
August 10, 2010
not interested it this .... ;p
October 1, 2011
Doesn't look that funny.
August 4, 2011
June 24, 2011
A very funny Pixar film based on, "Cars" that shows that the only thing you really need to be scared of...is your imagination...and the Screaming Banshee.
Reclaimer
October 19, 2010
I really like Cars but I don't like Mater. I find him very annoying. The Story about him scared about the ghost Light is ok. The Animations are brilliant.
adam24911
September 17, 2010
I actually thought Mater from Cars was pretty funny, but this was surprisingly boring.
Lisa C.
August 22, 2010
I love all the cars shorts.
This was the first.
deano
deano

March 30, 2007
I love the Pixar short films based from the CGI animation features. So in this short, it's about Mater and how cowardly he is. The others make up a ghost story and Mater freaks out. It's all great fun for the kids.
ElCochran90
ElCochran90

February 25, 2010
The worst you will be able to see from Pixar, it surpasses the randomness and mediocrity of Mike's New Car and it even resembles an episode of Spongebob! 'Nuff said.

46/100
MovieGuruDude72
April 14, 2008
Cute and funny stuff, but not a movie. Just an animated short by Pixar that they tack onto the extras of the movie DVDs. Funny stuff.