Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence In The House Of God Reviews

June 4, 2015
I was not terrified bout the whole pedophile matter involving the priests but on the victims that suffers too much depression. I'm a devoted catholic myself though it doesn't affect my whole trust and faith bout my religion, its just the people behind it. It's disgusting as you will ever know.
April 17, 2015
Revealing story about the abusive power of organized religion through the case of four dead men who's being molested by their priest as a child.
April 6, 2015
One of the most amazing movies I've ever seen. Horribly sad but incredibly inspiring.
December 30, 2014
Santa Igreja Católica............
August 6, 2014
A look into the Catholic Church and the history of how child molestations were dealt with over the years.
June 18, 2014
Documentary which covers similar ground to 'Deliver Us From Evil' (2006), a situation which in itself is quite damming of the Catholic Church. Powerful, harrowing and well presented.
½ March 5, 2014
Compelling, dramatic cinema given weight by honest interviews with those involved in the subject matter. I watched this one evening while my friend slept in the bed next to me. I thought that there wouldn't be too much talking because the main victims of the events dramatized were deaf and thus communicated through sign language, in which I am fluent. But, instead of captions for viewers to understand them, there were narrators. It wasn't a hokey translation either, rather, taken very gravely and with much care. I was not disappointed with many aspects of this film. I would share and pass this on to my friends and family.
December 28, 2013
Very disturbing yet not surprising. Those of us who were raised Catholic should really take a look at what's going on in the establishment and rethink our positions. This further proves to me that the Vatican and it's Canon "law" is outdated and the church needs to follow normal civilian law.
December 26, 2013
Quiero llorar de la furia y el asco que me da la iglesia católica.
November 15, 2013
Um dos melhores documentários que já assisti. Vai da denúncia inicial de um caso, os surdos de St. John, até o que continua acontecendo pelas igrejas ainda hoje, com anuência do Vaticano, já que este deixa de tomar uma posição clara sobre o assunto. Além do conteúdo ser ótimo, a fotografia é uma das melhores dos últimos tempos.
November 11, 2013
Chocada com os absurdos da Santa Igreja.
November 6, 2013
A ÉSTO ME REFIERO CUANDO HABLO SOBRE LAS FUNCIONES DEL CINE. Muy buen documental, lo malo es que seguramente pasará desapercibido. SI TIENES OPORTUNIDAD, SERÍA UN PECADO PERDÉRTELO.
October 25, 2013
A haunting look at a devastating set of scandals, and some of Gibney's best work.
½ October 21, 2013
I'm grateful, as a former nun, to see this coverup of the catholic church uncovered. Thank you Alex Gibney. A job well done. Loved hearing Father Boyle say he doesn't regale the church but speaks up for it for the church is the children, the parents, the catholics who bemoan this secrecey. Adele Azar Rucquoi
October 16, 2013
½ October 11, 2013
This is an important documentary, showing the enourmous strength and survival of four long-time victims, and the actions taken to cover up and deflect any actions to stop their abuser. Watch it and watch your kids!
October 6, 2013
its not just a mea culpa its a maximum
September 26, 2013
Shocking as hell, this documentary doesn't lack from anything and offers the audience a whole new spectacular experience by motivating most of it. Best 2013 documentary yet.
½ September 13, 2013
Absolutely stunning. It's amazing how long this has been going on. The RCC set up it's own spiritually based treatment centres for paedophile priests in the 1940's, the first rules aimed at covering up abuse dates to 1866, the first mention of priests sexually abusing children dates from the 4th century.

It's hard to view the RCC as anything other than a criminal organisation. The cover up went right to the top of the church.
September 8, 2013
A really disturbing story, beautifully told. Great documentary.