97% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Mémoires affectives Reviews

August 19, 2013
The movie starts off very strongly but ends in disappointment. The lead role is a very able actor. He's great to watch even though large parts of the movie are slow, and have little or no dialogue.
In the end the tension that is slowly built up through the movie falls flat as plot holes suddenly become overevident and the payload turns out to be non-existent. A better ending would have made this a good movie.
ninjacobra
October 11, 2006
Good, special twist at the end.
Luc L.
November 12, 2010
A good mystery film about a man declared clinically dead, came out of his coma which he lost his long term memory. Upon meeting acquaintances, his memory comes back like pieces of jigsaw puzzle of images from his violent past. His quest by his troubled memory will guide him to the source which he will discover the truth.
Julien V.
September 20, 2010
Mémoires affectives est un excellent film québécois mettant vedette Roy Dupuis dans le rôle d'un amnésique. Le film est très bien construit et la photo est exceptionnelle. Le montage est d'une rare beauté et les comédiens sont extrêmement excellent. On peu ce perdre dans l'histoire, mais il faut être prêt à regarder ce film et à ce ''casser'' la tête. Un très bon film à voir lorsqu'on veut avoir mal à la tête !!!
Hugo S

April 16, 2008
MÉMOIRES AFFECTIVES (2004)
directed by Francis Leclerc
starring Roy Dupuis, Rosa Zacharie, Guy ThauvetteAlexandre emerges from a long coma after being declared clinically dead. He doesnt remember anything prior to the accident that put him to sleep for so long. He slowly gain his speech again and soon, he is free again, still strugling with himself, looking to find his own memories. Everytime he speaks with someone, his wife, his daugther, or even his best friends, they bring back memories to him but seconds later, they change their mind and say the opposite, as if they were messing with him but maybe he simply absorbs their memores, or even his mind might just be playing tricks on him. He is also dealing with some repress memories that might be the key to remember who he actually was.The first time I saw Mémores affectives I felt underwhelmed, thought the film made no sense. Watching it again almost four years later I noticed the same quality and so much more. The movie is so detailed I dont understand how I could think it made no sense at all after the first watch.Steve Asselin's photography is simply amazing, that guy keeps impressing me with every movies he works on, a truely talent cinematographer. Roy Dupuis has become a better actor as he aged and can now be considered one of Quebec's finest actors, and not simply one of its biggest stars. He is credible here and carries the film on his shoulder. The screenplay is very clever and very well-crafted, there are a few uplifting scenes as well that makes the film surprisingly stylish, yet very deep.I would complain about one explanatory scene that I would have prefered out of the film cause my thinking process brought me there already, but Im guessing the filmmakers were kind of forced to put it there to make sure their would be nothing left unanswered, especially for those who didnt understand.With its strange plot that ultimately makes sense Mémoires affectives is a movie that gets better with each viewing, Im convinced of that, except I dont understand why they spend so much time on the investigation of the initial accident without ever giving answeres, even though, its not what we really care for. Without being Americanize, Mémoires affectives proves that our small budgeted movies in Quebec can easily compete with the bigger American movies and have the same production values. The more I think about the film, the more it grows on me. Good stuff. Nice second directorial effort for Francis Leclerc, who has dissapointed me with his first film.
abaslareine
March 19, 2008
tellement bien fait et filmé
CloudIsAMonkey
CloudIsAMonkey

June 21, 2007
Yeah that's what you get for trying to help deer....
onthebrink
May 30, 2007
This is a beautiful movie. A wonderful story, and beautifully acted. I just loved it, it is my favorite movie currently. Roy Dupruis's performance is breathtaking. Excellent
February 5, 2007
I think this is the movie I want to see the most right now. It looks amazing, it's in French, and from the clips I've seen, Roy is as great as always. Too bad I can't find it anywhere!
midwifewithwoman
July 2, 2006
First Quebecois film I've seen, and I really liked it.
Scarlett1324
July 25, 2006
Roy Dupuis can't act and I didn't understand the end, but from a cinematographic point of view, it's a good movie.
July 21, 2006
Strange, and very.. Disapointing.
June 30, 2006
peut etre un peu trop anglophone