Men Don't Leave - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Men Don't Leave Reviews

April 27, 2016
A widower tries to keep her family afloat in this melodrama.
August 22, 2012
If you like family drama, watch 'Men Don't Leave'. A family is thrown into turmoil when the husband dies unexpectedly. In an effort to deal with their circumstances, Beth and her sons find different supports, but eventually find out that family is needed to pull themselves together.
February 28, 2012
Chris O' Donnell was super young, super cute, and super good in this film. Oh, and the film in general was alright, I guess. Nothing special.
½ April 9, 2011
Jessica Lange falls down life's unexpected rabbit hole and comes out the other side w/ a new crop of friends, a new boss, and deeper understanding of what it means to be the head of the household. This is an unforgettable gem of a movie with terrific performances from Lange, Joan Cusack, Arliss Howard, Chris O'Donnell, Charlie Korsmo in maybe my favorite child performance. He's spot-on fantastic! This films deals with depressing subject matter like... depression, death and survival with insight and humor. Great film. Beautifully and gently shot with great music too. Watch it if you haven't.
½ April 2, 2011
Worth seeing. [tv 2011-04]
February 1, 2011
great performance by Cusack brings this film a lot of punch. A true classic.
June 25, 2010
Jessica Lange?s strong and convincing performance really lifts this drama above average. The story is believable and doesn?t sensationalize the subject matter. Well written, great cast, everyone gives a good performance. Sensitive direction by Paul Brickman. The characters develop very nicely.
June 25, 2010
65/100. Jessica Lange's strong and convincing performance really lifts this drama above average. The story is believable and doesn't sensationalize the subject matter. Well written, great cast, everyone gives a good performance. Sensitive direction by Paul Brickman. The characters develop very nicely.
April 14, 2010
March 19, 2010
I remember watching this as a teenager and thinking that it was my life on the screen. Not an amazing movie, but it's stuck with me for all of these years.
½ August 28, 2007
A good movie. Some sad parts.
September 4, 2008
One of my most favorite movies- caused me to have great appreciation for Jessica Lange an actress, Chris O'Donnells debut. Great story, characters, tale of love & loss, re-establiching life. Nicely told..
½ April 1, 2009
Pretty good show, but it's kinda sad.
½ March 4, 2009
All these years later this still remains one of my favorite moves.
½ March 3, 2009
This was a sweet movie, though mostly it could be a tear jerker, it wasn't dull at all. It really makes you appreciate the people in your family more before it's too late.
July 31, 2008
Undiscovered gem of a film. One of Jessica Lange's best. Joan Cusack, Kathy Bates and Arliss Howard are great.
½ July 28, 2008
Jessica Lange made this movie project into her baby. It doesn't change your life or anything, but it is good - and as I'm fond of saying, Joan Cusack is in it- and she makes any movie that she appears in better!
June 28, 2008
great movie! incredible acting, loved joan cusak after seeing this
June 12, 2008
This underrated movie is a GEM!!! A movie about Love, Loss & Hope in our lives. I'm still waiting for the DVD release.
½ January 24, 2008
I just must have not gotten the meaning or purpose of the film. I didn't really think there was one. The characters were so moody and the plot was really topsy-turvy that I couldn't keep track of well...anything. I will say that Kathy Bates and Joan Cusack did an excellent job playing they supporting roles.