Mental

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Mental Reviews

Rage R.
June 7, 2014
This is something of a patchwork quilt. The story barely makes sense and often dives off on tangents which are left to taper off. Still, it's worth a watch and has some good performances.
Anthony L

January 14, 2014
I think this film is misunderstood. At no time does the film ever really even faintly pretend to paint a realistic portrayal of Mental illness. That would be in bad taste considering the content. It merely points out certain things us humans do that are pretty odd or 'Mental' or however you want to describe it. P.J. Hogan and Toni Collette made a great film together in the early 90's called Muriel's Wedding. It is brilliant. Everyone I know who saw it, loved it. Everyone else I think have passed it off as another 'Chick-Flick' and haven't bothered. Considering P. J. Hogan made My Best Friend's Wedding and Confessions of a Shopaholic since, I don't at all blame them. I looked forward to another collaboration and thankfully it was the one us Muriel fans wanted. Mental was probably joint funniest film for me in 2013 alongside Behind the Candelabra. The acting is great, the characters brilliant and the script is fantastic. "Mental is a Shark". If you like your comedy to be a little bit odd, a little quirky and a little in your face without being disgusting than check it out. I love it and I laughed from the belly.
November 26, 2012
This is an entertaining and hilarious film and despite the reviews of it not being as good as Muriel's Wedding it is still a great Aussie film with lots of character.
Matty Stanfield
December 27, 2013
What in the hell was this mess?
December 19, 2013
3/5 Nanny McPhee on drugs...seriously. It is almost like they were trying to make an anti-hollywood family movie, but then had to use hollywood cliches in the end. Still worth a watch.
November 10, 2013
Really funny black comedy as funny as Muriels wedding or better!!
November 9, 2013
Such an odd little movie.
October 29, 2013
Great performances in this over the top comedy that dares to be different. A good Mental movie.
October 25, 2013
Se agradece que nos muevan el tapete con alternativas como Ústas que difieren a lo que nos ha tenido acostumbrado el cine de Hollywood, pelÝcula Australiana recomendable, sobre todo para mentes que desean ser sorprendidas de pronto =) y de paso con cierta moraleja.
G S.
October 3, 2013
if you don't like this film you're mental. For all the conforming drones out there don't bother, it's taking the piss out of YOU, for anyone who realises how crazy everyone else seems, best film I've seen in ages.
September 22, 2013
The greatest crime a film can commit: make no f*cking sense. But this disaster is a unfocused, schizophrenic bundle of frayed narratives NONE of which fit together or make much sense.
spiralrayonshorts
September 7, 2013
Cynthia S. is a dumb cunt who should shut her fucking cunting mouth.

Anyone who is a fan of PJ's will love this movie.
September 1, 2013
One of the sweetest movies I've seen in a long time. The cast was great, I loved the weird family a lot. The mom and the daughters were hilarious and the movie was funny all the way long.
Cynthia S

August 12, 2013
I think that the people that wrote, and produced this movie, are mental....really dumb movie.
July 26, 2013
Better than I thought, enjoyed it quits a bit, typical Aussir humour, which can't be bad
July 23, 2013
It has its moments, but PJ Hogan's comedy is too much of a mess to really work.
July 17, 2013
Frankly, this Australian movie is a little derivative, trying to horn in on the quirky comedy genre of films like Little Miss Sunshine, but it's good-hearted and sincere, and the young girls of the family at the heart of the story are all, I believe, Aussie talent, previously unknown to me ... and they are just great. It's a fun story too, and very family, by which I mean you could watch it with your teenaged children. It doesn't have an American rating, but I'd put it somewhere on the high side of PG-13 for brief flashes of nudity.
Hamee
July 12, 2013
The family is mental and their adventures are mental, but it is a very entertaining story all the way to the very happy ending.
March 29, 2013
Between a 5/10 and 6/10, There are some big laughs and fine performances, yet not enough realistic grounding in the characters or story to sustain its dramatic transition in the second half.
July 2, 2013
A good movie to help you see things in a different way. A very weird yet easy to follow story line and some nice singing!