Michael Jackson: The Life Of An Icon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Michael Jackson: The Life Of An Icon Reviews

January 8, 2016
The best documentary on Michael Jacksons life.
½ August 31, 2015
Pretty interesting documentary.
March 20, 2014
"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown" is an apt saying for the "King of Pop". Michael Jackson's life was a bed of roses. Except that the roses also carried thorns. And in the end, it was the thorns that did him in. Michael Jackson lives no longer. But his music remains eternal. "The King is dead, long live the King!" This proclamation will..."
April 13, 2013
I Love You Michael Jackson
December 31, 2012
A very well done timeline of his life. The end made me cry :'(
½ February 2, 2013
Must be a amazing movie!!
½ May 13, 2012
5/13/2012: A decent documentary. More interviews with MJ would have been nice.
February 21, 2012
A good documentary that explores all he aspects of his life, from the child that never grew up, to the truth behind the molestation charges (for those smart enough not to believe the press), to his influences in music and the legacy he left. If anyone wants to know the truth and attempt to understand the man behind the music better, they should definitely give this a try. For those who prefer to see him as a molester and remain the press' bitches, avoid it, cuz you won't understand it. Diane Dimond won't appear in a positive spot. I don't think it's a way to make money off him, VH1 already did that when he was alive with that Man In The Mirror movie. I think they are just trying to show the world what he was really like, coming from the people close to him who actually knew him. Whoever thinks he saw too much of the child allegations to watch this documentary is in for a surprise, it's nothing negative about him, so you haven't seen anything yet. The press, especially tabloids, didn't release much positive about him. I was a little upset because they did not show many of his own interviews and declarations. He didn't have many in his life, so it wouldn't have been hard to show at least a few more snippets. FInal verdict: Whether you are a fan or just an outsider with an open mind, you should give this documentary a try. It shows the man for what he really was. A loving humanitarian and one of the greatest, if not THE greatest entertainer that ever lived ! Unlike This Is It, this is something everyone can watch, not just fans !
½ February 16, 2012
Too friendly documentary about the life of Michael Jackson, although some (few) interesting testimonials, seems to load all the time the commitment to give the air more "normal" to a music icon, which was essentially controversial.
January 30, 2012
AMAZING!!! My biggest Idol and I will love him forever. And the tattoo that I have of him, I will never regret it!!
January 16, 2012
I already know so much about Michael Jackson, that I didn't really learn anything new, but it was nice to hear his story from people who actually new him and loved him, instead of a lot of the nonsense the media puts out. If you want to learn more about Michael Jackson, the man and not just the icon, we know him as, this is a great documentary for that. It explains a lot of his eccentricities and in the end you understand him a lot better and realize that he was a great man who trusted people too much and got very badly taken advantage of on many occasions. He will always be the King of Pop and the world's greatest entertainer and all the nonsense that came out over the years is just that, nonsense and this documentary shows that.
December 9, 2011
It started off no too bad it spent the first hour talking about the Rise of the Jackson 5 but once the The Jacksons went to Epic there's really not much... what's worse is most of the last hour is dedicated to his child molestation allegations, which I've seen way too much about that over the years... some of the industry peoples anecdotes were amusing... but for the most part this was an uninspired documentary meant to make money off of his death.