• PG-13, 1 hr. 42 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Mickey Blue Eyes Reviews

Apeneck F

July 23, 2011
Fish out of water story has one good bit: Grant's attempts at a Lower East Side New York accent. You can skip the rest.
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
Quite sweet and quite funny, not really a great film but a guilty pleasure and when you?ve had to sit through all the chick flicks I?ve been forced to over the years, it?s not so bad!
Lady D

August 4, 2006
One of my favourite Comedies, which seems to include half the Sopranos cast. This is a real funny take on the Gangster genre, with some hilarious moments. The contrast of the ever so straight and wimpy Hugh Grant right in the middle of a big crime family has some funny implications.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 14, 2007
saw bits of it gd from wot i watched
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Trailer had the best bits. An Englishman tries to fit into the mob.
deano
deano

May 27, 2007
It's not much a comedy of mistaken identity as it is a send-up of mob pictures, with Hugh Grant in top form as the clumsy, embarrassed hero who is out of his depth.
Roy G

March 3, 2007
It's got flavor, but it's not especially fresh.
garyX
garyX

January 1, 2007
Hugh Grant doing his bumbling middle class englishman schtick in an unimaginative, unfunny mob comedy. The comic highlight is Grant trying to say "fugeddabowdit". Ho ho ho. Total dross.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

September 12, 2009
This is a lighthearted comedy with Hugh Grant as an Art dealer and high hopes of an approaching marriage to his girlfriend Gina. Unfortunately, Grant finds himself knee-deep in the criminal shenanigans of his fiance's mafia-related family. Englishman wants to marry Sicilian daughter and comedic complications ensue. James Caan was impressive with his impersonation of a mobster. Another good performance was turned in by Burt Young playing the serious don as Uncle Vito.

"Mickey Blue Eyes" was entertaining with its comic twists of a plot and kept me interested right up to the end.
Sylvester K

August 26, 2011
Not a terrible mafia comedy, but not inventive either.
Lord Naseby
Lord Naseby

January 27, 2010
one thing that I find interesting, is that about 10 years after the Godfather, a lot of the major cast members did Mob movies to try to duplicate the success of said Best movie ever by doing an italian mobish sort of movie. Pacino did Gigli, Brando did the Freshman (where they make billions of Godfather references) and now, this is James Caan's attempt. and I must say that like his fellow cast mates (although The Freshman was the only one I would give a fresh rating to at about 60%) he failed to make a movie that was very good.

In this movie, Hugh Grant plays an art Auctioneer who want s to marry his High School teacher girlfriend, but finds that she wont let him because of Her father (James Caan) who is in the Mob (what a classic excuse). he eventually gets her to accept and he promises to try to avoid hm being integrated in her father's business, by working together with her. eventually her father tricks him into letting him use his art actioneering place, as a money laundering scam. one of the paintings, by the Don's son, almost gets sold to a very willing buyer instead of to the Mafia plant but thanks to Hugh Grant the Mafia plant gets it and of course the son wants revenge so he comes to Hugh Grant's apartment to kill him but as both HG and his Fiance are there. one thing leads to another and eventually the son is dead and now HG and his Bride to Be have to get the help of James Caan to try to avoid being killed.

The movie does have it's moments of funny that I really enjoyed however a few things killed it a lot for me. First off, you can't make Hugh Grant into a mobster. it just doesn't work. he can't pull it off. also the acting in this movie was Sub-Par. nothing very good about it. and of course the ending is as about as predictable as you can get. two scenes before the last one I knew exactly how the movie was going to end. and I was completely right. so, we can add this attempt, along with most of the other ones, to make a gangster movie as good as the Godfather in the Rotten category. this movie wasn't completely horrible it just didn't have enough redeeming Qualities to make me really enjoy it.
alice5mith
alice5mith

October 12, 2009
Quite an interesting lack of real emotion in everyone's acting. If that's all right for the Mafia boys, it gets a little weird when it comes to the other characters. They could have used puppets instead of actors, it would have been the same thing.
mingsysar
mingsysar

August 14, 2006
Hugh Grant and the mafia? Sounds good, but isn't.
Lee K

February 23, 2008
i love hugh grant he was great in this
iLeo
iLeo

April 11, 2007
Hilarious!
June 30, 2006
I wish this movie made sense. It starts off kind of promising, with Hugh Grant playing his typical likable-but-fairly-inept good guy, and I smiled a lot in the first 15-20 minutes or so. But as soon as the girl's family enters the picture, the jokes get cliched and unfunny. If that wasn't bad enough, the story also unravels pretty quickly and by the end I was just left going, "Huh?" Definitely not worth the watch.
Embstj
November 27, 2010
I think the love story itself was kind of weak, and more chemistry was needed between characters. But the comedy was good, and the rest of the story and characters were great.
terris85017
terris85017

January 13, 2010
(1999 Director: Kelly Makin) Bit of a comedy satire take on mob movies starring some excellent actors who pull this off with pinache.
21rclemente
December 7, 2009
One of Hugh Grants wussified and underexperienced charactors. relatively funny. Caan still plays a mean ass gangster in this one
moviemaniacgirl
moviemaniacgirl

September 27, 2009
This movie was pretty funny. I loved the plot and the self-depricating humor Hugh Grant holds.

Hugh Grant is a very instilling actor. He gives you his mood and he gives you his humor. You understanding his English humor. You understand his character.

His and Jeanne Tripplehorn's chemistry was great. Tripplehorn was a great actress and held the perfect character details.

James Caan was perfect for this role and he had the emotional range.

I loved the writing and the comedy. Hugh Grant's trying to be a mafia man was more than funny, it was laugh out loud, lets rewind and see it again funny.

RATED PG-13 FOR: