Midnight Clear Reviews

½ December 16, 2014
This should not be listed under Comedy - there was nothing funny about it.
December 17, 2013
Engaging character-driven family flick.
December 10, 2012
There are a lot of things about this movie that should ruin it. For one thing, Stephen Baldwin. For another, it's ridiculously preachy. Also, it's really pretty depressing. But somehow, it held my interest anyway, and while I really can't say I loved it, I was pretty engrossed throughout most of it. It's a solid film, just not one that's necessarily enjoyable.
November 17, 2012
Play instantly on Netflix
July 12, 2012
Baldwin's best performance ever. The movie is a six degrees on christmas.
December 27, 2011
I loved this! Maybe I'm feeling holiday sappy, but I just loved it. Reminds you how anything you do can affect so many more people, and many times you don't even know the changes you made possible.
½ December 21, 2011
So you are looking for a non-traditional Christmas movie? You say you can take a little sadness (okay, a lot of sadness) as long as there is hope and redemption just around the bend? And you say that you really appreciate a film which features acting performances that are so good, that they make an average script sparkle? How about something that is currently available on Netflix Instant Viewing? Midnight Clear is your obvious choice. Check it out.
October 10, 2011
Well meaning story, pleasantly acted. The pacing is very slow, but it fits with the film. Simple and moving. It can be a bit depressing at times but overall it's well done.
February 3, 2011
Play instantly on Netflix
December 17, 2010
Best Christmas movie ever, unknown sleeper. Starts with people in the depths of horrible despair, who find hope at Christmas time through small acts of kindness. With them, it takes you from the hell of your demons and helps you refind your own humanity. Hard to find but get it.
bbcfloridabound
December 10, 2010
Film 20 is by far the best, Written by Jerry Jenkins who wrote the left behind series. its about 4 people with there troubled life's on Christmas Eve. This is a Special Good Family Movie. Stephen Baldwin played an excellent part. A 5 Star Movie.
½ July 27, 2010
Writing review from memory. The production is not great on this movie, but the movie has great heart. The writing is not the best, but the actors do a great job with it. The camera work is pretty good. It is a great story all around and sets out a great moral in that we should do the right things in life even if we don't see the immediate benefits of what we are doing. Even if it seems hard or something disruptive to our lives. Doing the right thing not out of a religious obligation, but because we know it to be right sets forth things in motion that only God or an audience can clearly see. Great effort.
August 5, 2009
I don't watch movies to be preached to. Adding a Baldwin to the mix of what looks like a badly written movie is only asking to be tortured.
½ November 14, 2008
A simple story, but touching at the same time. Just shows you how Christmas spirit helps you out with belief.
January 11, 2008
This was a very good movie
½ January 5, 2008
Great simple little movie, surprisingly good christmas movie, a little odd, but good. ;) Enjoy
January 4, 2008
A Christmas Drama involving the lives of five strangers who end up over the course of this movie forever changing everyone around them. One thing I must say is I love how the first scene of the movie starts off with Baldwins Character and the last scene ends the movie with him as well. You dont realize what type of movie this is until the very end, then you realize the brilliance of the film itself. His life was forever changed in the best way possible from the first clip to the very last. As the movie says FAITH COMES IN UNEXPECTED PLACES.
December 11, 2007
The story is simple: Lonely people on Christmas Eve. Nothing fancy, nothing pretentious, nothing deep, and yet it's the most amazing small film I've seen in a long time. Stephan Baldwin redeems himself by logging in one of the best performances of his life. The production values are extraordinary. That's true of cinematography, sound, lighting, score, sets, props, on and on. The movie gives some satisfaction, and leaves one saddened at the same time, but's it a wonderful movie.
½ December 4, 2007
Very well done. I really enjoyed watching this movie. It gives a clear message: "Never give up hope. God is working." I suggest you give this one watch.