Midnight Crossing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Crossing Reviews

January 26, 2013
Faye Dunaway and Kim Cattrall headline this convulted thriller in which two married couples go away to the Bahamas but Dunaway's husband(Daniel J. Travanti)has other plans, he wants to retrieve cash off the coast of Cuba. Not only does both couples have to contend with Cuban pirates, and their leader(Ned Beatty)but also each other as greed overtakes each one and they all have their hidden agendas. What could have been a decent little B movie becomes overplotted with dreadful dialogue to sink the film's potential. It also has a scene where Dunaway, who is blind in this movie being chased on the boat and turns into Wait Until Dark, which does not work, and speaking of not working, how about that speedo that Travanti has to wear? I found this movie to be a mess and the cast is game but stranded, I hoped for something better.
½ October 31, 2014
A group of 80s Floridians decide they're going to sneak into Cuba to find $1 million in can that was hidden when Castro took control of the country. Their plan, of course, does not go as planned and they find themselves in all sorts of hot water with Cuban authorities and with each other. The film really wanted to have that "The Lady From Shanghai" steamy hotbed of people on a boat feel to it, but it really doesn't come close, despite a decent cast that includes Faye Dunaway, Daniel J. Travanti, Ned Beatty and Kim Cattrall looking really young and cute. However, the nice 80s vibe to the film was enough to hold my interest.
½ April 2, 2014
The search for a fortune in cash hidden in Cuba before the Bay of Pigs leads to double crosses, revelations of infidelity, and murder for two couples. One injured party may be wishing he was left in Cuba, where the health care is free, when he gets his medical bill back in the US. I hope he has Blue Cross.
½ October 8, 2013
Ex-Navy officer charters a vessel in order to retrieve a fortune left behind on a Cuban island during the Castro takeover. A premise of greed that never seems to capture interest or live up to potential. Not really worth seeking out or rewatching.
January 26, 2013
March 23, 2010
I love this type of movie.
February 13, 2009