Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil Reviews

May 10, 2015
One of my least favorite Eastwood directed movie but Spacey is up to his usual high standard.
½ March 20, 2015
Awful movie.The tranny,the guy with the flies,what the fuck...Only good thing is the title.
February 28, 2015
A rather boring fish out of water murder trial story
February 22, 2015
I am so surprised at the low ratings! I loved the book, and loved the movie. Full of quirky characters that you can love or hate. The movie just evocates a part of Savannah, that I am desperate to enjoy! The acting is charming, the story is arresting, and I'm not sure what the haters are up to. Totally worth a rental on a Saturday night, and hope you will invest in the book as well!
November 7, 2006
WOW......WOW.....WOW......WOW.....WHAT A MOVIE......I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N THINK THAT THIS IS SUCH A GREAT MOVIE 2 WATCH.....ITS GOT A GOOD CAST OF ACTORS/ACTRESSESS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......I think that kevin spacey, john cusack, jude law, Alison eastwood, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......I think that the director of this comedy/drama movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....I think that the start of this movie/ the grave yard scenes throughout this movie were really creepy/atmospheric but they were so brilliant throughout this movie.....

Production

Principal photography began in spring 1997, and was shot in Savannah, Georgia. The film featured a cameo by Uga V, the English bulldog live mascot of the University of Georgia, playing his father, Uga IV. The Uga mascots live in Savannah between football games

Reception

Reviews of the film were mixed, with a score of 47% on Rotten Tomatoes. Casting in the film was praised, however, for Spacey's likeness to Williams.

The film was a box office bomb, grossing $25.1 million to an estimated $30 million budget.

Spacey won the best supporting actor award from the Society of Texas Film Critics.

man this is such a really good comedy movie 2 watch, its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......I think that kevin spacey was absolutely brilliant throughout this movie.....I think that this is such an entertaining movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie......
½ January 23, 2015
This film could have been so much more but I just did not much about the characters despite the good actors such as Kevin Spacey, Jude Law & Jack Thompson underwhelming at best
November 16, 2014
Wow what a boring movie. Plods along at a snails pace with a generic plot. Only thing worthwhile is Kevin Spacey's performance.
October 11, 2014
The only think good about this movie is that it is over.
October 8, 2014
This had the potential of being a great movie. The story was great. The performers were top notch. But Clint Eastwood didn't do a very good job in directing it. The pacing was inconsistent. Why must he ruin movies?! Someone should redo this one - that's a remake I'd be interested to see.
July 19, 2014
I just found it tedious.
October 25, 2011
[Interested: cannot find.]
½ June 15, 2014
It started off with incredible promise, but there wasn't nearly enough Kevin Spacey to sustain the middle third.
February 25, 2014
Based on a true crime story! What makes this film intriguing has nothing to do with the murder, it has everything to do with its colorful characters!

The flamboyant drag queen Lady Chablis whom just happens to play herself/himself in the film!

Luther Driggers the man whom walked around with flies buzzing all around him (They were attached to him via string)! Oh yeah he also carries a vial full of poison just like he does in the film!

Minerva the local voodoo high priestess!

Mr. Glover the man walking a dead dog named Patrick!

I'm a sucker for strong character driven plots and this film is bursting at the seams with quirky, eccentric characters that add flavor to the film as much as they do in the real world!
December 29, 2013
Interesting real life murder mystery set in Savannah, Georgia featuring an eclectic assortment of colourful local characters.
½ November 11, 2013
Great Characters, great setting... Love this movie and see it every chance I get... Use of local "celebrities" was ingenius and added credibility to this quirky movie... Tichiganblues
January 5, 2013
Interesting but mediocre crime drama, with an impressive sense of place.
½ October 18, 2013
Ein gutes kritisches Stimmungsbild über die Südstaaten
July 31, 2007
The side stories and characters are what keep this afloat. I just didn't find this anywhere near as fascinating as my memory served me. (great everything)
October 1, 2013
The film is very odd for a Clint Eastwood film, but the film pulls through thanks to a very strong performance by Kevin Spacey.
½ September 17, 2013
"Welcome to Savannah, Georgia. A city of hot nights, and cold blooded murder."