Midnight Movie Reviews

March 27, 2015
Not bad - could've been better. The acting sucked rather badly and I wished they gave us more background on who the killer was before he created a movie he could enter and exist at will and how he transported others back and forth from real life to the movie. Otherwise, a great soundtrack and bloody murders.
March 3, 2015
A fun slasher film that horror fans everywhere can enjoy, but if you don't like gore, this will not be for you!
½ June 28, 2014
A splatter film with no splatter.A rather blahhhh slasher film with no real sense of self.
May 23, 2013
May 18, 2013
Gnarly looking killer, above average acting, awesome murder weapon, and pretty cool concept. All in all, a pretty good slasher film.
½ January 30, 2013
Midnight Movie is a slasher film that wants to be something more, unfortunately it does not succeed in any other goals than gory violence. The beginning of Midnight Movie was promising, but it fails to deliver actual story that is meaningful .
January 26, 2013
A movie with a weird ending

A serial killer that stared in a movie broke out of the looney bin wheat in hiding . Years later he showed his face when the movie he stared in is playing again. The movie has a weird awkward twist and the ending is not pleas able . Ended with question and is open for a second part.
½ January 14, 2013
Just another generic slasher film with bad acting. Had a claustrophobic feel since the entire movie happens within the same building. The effects and makeup were done very well. There was a decent attempt at making the killer seem scary, although it could have been done better. Felt a little bit cheated with the way to beat the killer..."just dont be scared of him". Very unimaginative.
½ December 24, 2012
A terrible, terrible excuse for a horror film and a film in general.
December 21, 2012
Kind of a cool concept ruined by poor performances.
½ October 30, 2012
Love that the killer comes from within the film but the dialouge and acting was lacking as were the scares.
½ October 23, 2012
Although it does drag at times and the characters are pretty stereotypical, this one has a great premise and does a good job of storytelling. Perfect ending for a sequel, which I would definitely watch.
September 29, 2012
I was so surprised by this film! It turned out so great! The story is intelligent, classic, original horror, and the killer is really iconic. I have already printed him in my mind, as a horror character. In the beginng, it kinda feels like it's a typical horror/slasher film, but when you've passed the first 20 minutes, you start to realize, that this ain't just another cheesy horror film, but a true original, and also an expansion of earlier horror films!
½ September 2, 2012
I really wanted to like this movie but it dug it's own grave with shoddy camerawork, unsurprising deaths and boring characters. If I had to say something positive...um...well...the mask was pretty cool.
August 22, 2012
The film has an interesting setting and a pretty original premise. However, it suffers from forgettable characters and being somewhat tedious at times. Other than that, it's a nice little film that brings you back to the days when cult horror films ruled the grindhouse theaters. It may even remind one of Wes Craven's "Scream", in how the characters are faced with a slasher villain much like the ones seen in the same movies that they adore. Overall, it's worth a watch.
½ August 13, 2012
Midnight Movie feels more like a slasher out of the 80's or early 90's rather than being only a couple of years old. There isn't any overly great failures up on the screen in this film, but there aren't any great successes either. This is an average, low budget horror film that has decent acting, writing and effects. The only above average thing going on here is the story, or more specifically, the idea behind the story. It is fairly original in the grand scheme and allows for some interesting situations and set ups. These situations, unfortunately, aren't all that common throughout the film. This is a watchable and mildly entertaining movie, but not one that will impress or amaze. A very mild recommendation for horror fans, but most others should probably stay away.
June 11, 2012
One of the coolest and best slasher flicks I've seen in along time! Cool killer! Great amount of blood and Gore and just a different kind of Idea.
May 15, 2012
At a run down theater in a sleepy suburban town, a group of friends attend the midnight screening of a 1970s cult horror film. These unsuspecting teenagers are unaware that the director and star of the movie made a bloody escape from a psych ward five years earlier and may still be on the loose.

As the midnight movie begins, the kids heckle the old black-and-white scenes. But they are jolted when the killer butchers one of their friends...on screen! They soon realize that the killing is not a prank. They are locked inside the theatre and the killer from the movie is after them!

Caught between reality and the screen's flickering shadows, are they becoming the unwilling stars of the very horror movie they are watching?
April 14, 2012
Fun and original. Check it out.
½ April 9, 2012
Pretty cool idea for a horror movie, guy writes and directs and stars in a horror movie that is rumored they actually killed the people in the making. The guy gets locked up in a mental hospital and later escapes when a doctor shows him his movie in an attempt to cure him. Ya he kills everyone in the hospital and escapes. Some time later a movie theater shows the movie and the killer shows up but he's not entirely there, I won't spoil anymore.