The Million Dollar Hotel Reviews

December 28, 2009
Interesting story and a good cast can't save this strange (at best) film from failing to do anything but beg for Mystery Science Theater style commentary.
½ July 6, 2014
Uh, oh. I wondered if perhaps I had just been in a bad mood when I saw this film back in 2000. But I wasn't. This film is just bad. Why Mr. Wenders? Why?
September 30, 2013
Slightly baffled by the low ratings on this one. I thought it was a charming movie about some fascinating oddballs. Really, really not a mystery so much as a peaceful comedy, and drama. Wenders points the camera at real life, yet somehow shows the brilliance in it.
July 18, 2013
One Mel Gibson Film, 1995's Braveheart Is One Of My Favorite Films.
July 13, 2013
i agree with the top critics above -- no movie for me, too boring.
½ April 3, 2012
I don't normally enjoy movies like The Million Dollar Hotel but with a phenomenal performance by Jeremy Davies I was forced to enjoy it. Davies really makes a movie that shouldn't have been any good more than watchable. The plot is unrealistic and Mel Gibson was wasted but Davies gives a superb performance and really gives The Million Dollar Hotel a reason to be watched.
June 17, 2013
An inhabitant of a discrepant majestic hotel, home to many mentally disabled and harmless people, follows a clownish detective's investigation of the death of one of the occupants. Quite possibly one of the worst films by Wim Wenders, whose film is so badly balanced that it even seems tasteless. It's a shame, because as far as the premise is concerned, Million Dollar Hotel feels as if it could have been a different and infinitely more satisfying movie.
½ April 13, 2013
Maybe It Was Just Me, But I Didn't Like This One.
February 11, 2013
I don't know why most of the bloody critics hate it ,for the End I love it
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
December 5, 2012
A true look into the mind of a social outsider, and a confession heard around the world.

Jeremy Davies made this movie
January 5, 2011
Some good acting by Davies and Jovovich. Gibson's character was just silly. If only the entire movie were as beautiful as the final five minutes!
½ July 20, 2012
jsut love the actors, really good movie.
½ July 4, 2012
One of those more quiet humor pieces that you just enjoy. Truly delightful. Listen for those "stick it on your wall" quotes that pass quietly by, they are the gems of the film.
June 30, 2012
Yet another film i can relate to.One of the characters in this movie the same name as me.Kinda ironic.
½ March 12, 2012
What an incredible mess of talent.
½ February 8, 2012
this movie bored me 2 fuck!!!
February 1, 2012
Good Acting through out.
June 27, 2007
I live Mel Gibson here!
½ January 7, 2012
bono should sell his sunglasses what a load of crap disguised as a movie