42% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Minority Report Reviews

Al S

November 14, 2006
A spectacular and mind-blowing blast of science fiction and suspense. Director, Steven Spielberg has crafted a marvelous achievement and one of his best films ever. A brilliant edge of your seat thriller that`s loaded with jaw-dropping special effects and non-stop thrills from start to finish. It`s full-on excitement with some great and kinetic action sequences. A stunning, breathtaking and tremendously entertaining movie. A high tech mystery that just blows your mind and imagination. An exhilarating and pulse-pounding roller-coaster ride you do not want to miss. A solid and remarkable masterpiece. Tom Cruise is terrific. Colin Farrel is excellent. Max Von Sydow is brilliant.
Liam G

August 6, 2012
One of Spielberg's more underrated films. An astonishing visual style, great performances, an intriguing plot and superb direction from Spielberg.
Market Man
Market Man

July 30, 2012
Entertaining for the most part, but many of the concepts introduced in the film are flawed. I wouldn't call "Minority Report" the most intelligent science-fiction film ever made. Maybe one of the most interesting. The future that Spielberg creates is believable and is one that certainly could happen. Maybe not the whole predicting the future thing, but most of the technology used in the film mirrors the technology in our world today.

On a narrative standpoint, "Minority Report" is intense yet many of the things that happen may make you wonder why they happened. The entire story is based on Anderton seeing himself as a future killer. The question is, how did his future appear on that screen? Everything is based on what he saw but if he didn't see it none of the things that happened would have happened. It's a flawed concept that really doesn't make any sense.
3niR
3niR

July 25, 2012
Loved this!
Albert K

December 30, 2010
Don't judge this movie by its cover; its an intelligent, complex, and imaginative movie that presents a challenging question to audiences that continue to stir up debates. Its an incredible sci-fi movie, it has imaginative action, it has great dialogue, and it actually has a reason to place the plot into the future! All this is wrapped up in a neat package that has been meticulously detailed out to bring us a great movie. A must watch.
Apeneck F

July 5, 2007
A typical 30's style detective drama dressed in shiny aluminum so's you'd think it was the future ... but hey, that aluminum is really shiny.
Kase V

April 20, 2011
Spielberg's futuristic thriller 'Minority Report' is devilishly original and wickedly entertaining. Great performances surround the film, but the script and story are supremely entertaining. The effects are vivid and the camera work is fun. This is solid entertainment from the future.
EightThirty .

April 23, 2007
03/01/2011 (TELEVISION)

A very cool film! I saw this when I was younger and couldn't fully understand it, but seeing it now is like wow, that was an awesome movie. It's really complicated and sophisticated in ideas but the way it was simplified so that the average mind could grasp was well told indeed, I really get it now.

A nice blend of suspense and a perfect choice for a sci-fi hit. The ideas for what it could look like in 2040 or something just looked believable and made sense. There was just so many cool things in this flick and I enjoyed sitting through this one.

When the twists began, the movie had my undivided attention and I wanted to see why and how these things were occurring, questions began to surface as I peered on to find out. An enjoyable sci-fi suspense thriller flick and a good sit for those boring nights.
paul o.
paul o.

December 19, 2011
A Spielberg film is usually a good film so his adaptation to Phillip K. Dick brings his short story into a cinematic box office hit. Tom Cruise, Colin Ferrel, and other actors bring their A game with a nice premise and action to back them up. Worth the watch.
garyX
garyX

November 3, 2006
An experimental police unit that uses precognitive "seers" to prevent murders from being committed before they happen has to hunt one of its own when its commander appears in one of the visions gunning down a complete stranger. Steven Spielberg's pedigree shines through in yet another sci-fi based upon a tale by Philip K. Dick, containing many of his familiar ingredients, including time paradox, the concept of free will versus destiny and the ethics and morality of technology. These heady concepts are interwoven with Hollywood hi-tec imagery and blockbuster set pieces to produce a flashy, mainstream action film with far more intelligence than most. It's true that the film gets a little bogged down from time to time as Spielberg gets a little too carried away with his own effects budget and it takes itself a little too seriously for its own good, but the slick production design and his own uncanny knack for pacing and entertainment always keeps the twisting, turning plot on track. Clearly influenced by Blade Runner, it may not be the measure of Ridley Scott's classic, but thanks to some solid writing and fine performances it's still a damn fine entry into the sci-fi pantheon and probably Tom Cruise's best effort to date.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

October 23, 2011
Minority Report is a decent Sci Fi action film. Directed by Steven Spielberg, and starring Tom Cruise, Minority Report is entertaining, but is far from a great film. Frankly, I found Minority Report to be quite dull at times and I lost interest halfway through. I felt that the film could have been much better than this, and considering that it's based on a short story by Science Fiction writer Phillip K. Dick who also wrote Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep? This was the basis for the classic film Blade Runner. However considering this, Minority Report is a bit disappointing. I was entertained, but most of the time the film was boring, and uninteresting. I felt that the movie could have been much better, and considering that it has an interesting concept for its plot, this could have been a great film. However, I bored most of the time, the film was too long and overall, and the film could have been done much better. The film was a decent, entertaining flick, nothing more. I really don't see why this film has gotten so much praise; films like Blade Runner were far superior and better acted with more depth to its story. Minority Report goes all over the place, and never does anything to elevate the film from being a decent film to a great film. That's unfortunate because the plot was very good, but the execution of the ideas on-screen weren't that well done. Most of the time this was a boring and dull film. A decent film, but it never becomes a great film. I'll stick with Blade Runner. I didn't hate this film, just felt that it could have been a bit better.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 2, 2011
Minority Report is one of the best Sci Fi movies ever made. Tom Cruise was a good actor in this, and thats very rare for me. The effects are amazing and are truly by the hand of Spielberg. But what I really loved was the story, it was so detailed and well made. The plot is about John Anderton, a cop who has invented a system called Minority Report, a system that can tell the crimes before they happen, and when John becomes one of them he is dragged into a crime he never would do, unless he can change his future, and discover who tricked them. But my one problem was the psychic people were really creepy and looked like they were gonna puke. People will love this movie, I know I did.
KJ P

July 26, 2010
In yet another brilliant masterpiece of filmmaking by Steven Spielberg, he proves again that he is not a force to be reckoned with. The story of stopping a pre-crime already seems perfectly original to me, but when the entire cast is magnificent, the action is jaw-dropping, and the dialogue is stupendous, it only adds to the sure picture perfect look and feel of Minority Report. Tom Cruise goes for a new take, not only as an action star, but as a science fiction superstar in a role that I will remember for a long time. This is one of the best sci-fi/action films I have ever seen. Spielberg has done it again!
Kristijonas F

August 2, 2011
Even nearly a decade after its conception, this film still manages to hold its title as one of the most imaginative and self-assured pictures describing mankind's technological future. And the story... just when you think that you've figured out the plot, it just throws you another curve-ball. Very taut direction.
sergioogarcia
sergioogarcia

June 24, 2011
Again Steven Spielberg based on a short story of Philip K. Dick. What a result! Police aprehending criminals seconds prior to commit murder. How can you prove your innocence? Why would you murder someone if you know they're watching your future? Excellent.
Drake T

June 7, 2011
For a piece of fiction that borrows so many real-world elements it sometimes has trouble finding solid ground to stand on with it's bold themes/ideologies.

But as this noir SciFi thriller unfolds things just get better. The movie's plot gently rides on top of this fascinating futuristic world in a suspenseful tale of free will.
blkbomb
blkbomb

May 27, 2011
Minority Report is a very good sci-fi thriller. The story is exciting and compelling and never allows the movie to become boring. The performances for the most part were good. I didn't really care for Nelson or Stormares acting in this movie but everyone else was good. Speilberg really does a great job weaving the different twists and turns the movie takes.
Jennifer X

May 28, 2007
Wins the award for most product placement to ever grace the surface of a movie. Talk about sensory overload...
Shawn E

March 14, 2011
A fast paced sci-fi action mystery with a great concept. The action sequences are well done and Cruise is a perfect fit for his role.
Conner R

December 2, 2009
I'm pretty sure that this is my favorite of the two collaborations between Cruise/Spielberg. It has everything an action movie should have, everything good sci-fi should have and everything a great drama should have. The look of the movie is probably its most obvious standout element, but the story behind it is as equally strong and warranting of such a stylized shooting style. Tom Cruise delivers one of his many flawless performances; this might be his most wounded character to date. Even though the central conflict is enough to have your attention, the concept of Pre-Crime is cool enough to keep your attention and raise all the right questions. This happens to be probably the most convincing futuristic landscapes of all time. Instead of making everything fantastical or destructive, this uses our world with a few standout modifications. Even after 8 years, it still has the same breath-taking impact.