—— The Purge: Anarchy Jul 18

80% Vicious: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Das Wunder von Bern (The Miracle of Bern) Reviews

June 17, 2013
Film telling the tale of narrative stories surrouning the victory of West Germany in the soccer World Cup after the Second World War, referred to as the Miracle of Bern. While the story could have given way to a much more rewarding film than the usual average sport drama, it is let down by its underwhelming visual approach and average screenplay, both making The Miracle of Bern look like a forgettable TV movie.
January 12, 2013
Historical interesting but average as a movie.
December 19, 2012
This film is an irresistible combination of enlightenment and entertainment, with the theme of simplicity running throughout, be it in the form of it's modestly-dramatic plot or in the form of the serene sets. I found the depiction of football as a sport in amazing, as it brought out it's cultural significance in Germany along with an addition of a thrill in the film. The portray of Lubanski's "after-prison experience was quite a thought-provoking eye-opener towards realistic happiness vs. expected happiness. However, some incidents in the plot were highly coincidental which makes one question the reality of it all.
August 23, 2012
great film for soccer lovers and history buffs a-like!
September 22, 2011
a sweet little film that tackles many different and difficult subjects; like the repatriation of German prisoners of war from the Soviet Union; like the obsession of men and boys are like for World Cup football; like the strained relationships between a father and son; like the difficulty of being a single female in the emerging societies of post-war Europe. Well shot, well scripted and well acted. A good example of the emergence of the German cinema.
Kostas T.
July 5, 2011
We all know how the modern German film production works.The Germans have done miracle in the 00's.The Miracle of Bern(das Wunder von Bern) is a movie that reflects the talent of German directors and actors but doesn't quite excite.
We have a post-war story with strong moments and a promising outcome.However it was a little predictable.I really enjoyed the presentation of the father,which his inner worlds crashing with each other because of the war and the fact that he had been prisoner to Soviet Russia for 11 years.
The actors made a strong effort to play realistic due to the fact that there were some relaxing and 'funny' moments.I also think that the presence of the young journalist and his wife was not necessary and it ruined the flow of the movie.However the hours passed without to annoy me and I enjoyed the film very much
April 22, 2011
We enjoyed this, despite my poor attempt at syncing the English subtitles, which added a whole other dimension! It's a German feelgood movie - similar to any number of British homegrown Fully Monty style epics. Very nicely produced, and addresses the issues of the returning German prisoners of 1954 who had spent years in Soviet labour camps. Lots of human relationships, nicely interwoven narratives, and - of course - football. Not usually my favourite subject, but I can make exceptions. A good film.
March 30, 2011
This post-war drama is a suspenseful and touching story that shows the importance of family, the hardships of war, and the beauty of one sport that brings it all together.
March 24, 2011
This movie is fantastic! It deals with the 1954 World Cup and how victory for the Germans aids in finding a positive self image after WWII. Everyone should watch this, whether you speak German or not. This movie is more about emotion, than the words, and emotion has no language!
Travis M.
November 10, 2010
Despite some good cinematography, the film is very unrealistic and many of its sub-plots distracting and pointless.