Mirrors 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mirrors 2 Reviews

½ July 19, 2014
A horrifyingly stupid follow-up to the original.
June 24, 2014
Pretty OK! But need more supporting actors and I don't understand one part: Why is the main character's father nearly a victim as well? However, the ending is better than the original (Just my opinion).
February 10, 2014
it was a ok not good at all, but it still is worth watching if you liked number 1 I didn't like that much
October 7, 2013
lame sequel skip this one!
½ July 31, 2013
Pure garbage, yes, with big ole left-hanging plot holes and, well, let's just say I gave it 1.5 stars instead of a half-star because I'm completely in love with Nick Stahl. That's it.
July 19, 2013
Not bad, some of it has cool ideas to please horror fans. Just it's a direct to video movie and it reminds you to much of a poorly scripted idea that someone came up with to make money since the first was a hit.
In some ways it's better then the original, in others it's not even close.
½ June 19, 2013
Mirrors 2 is far from a good movie but it does have its moments. There are several scenes of good suspense, good gore and good scares but much like the first film in the series, it tends to fall apart and lose the awesome potential that comes from "killers" in mirrors. Much like the first film, Mirrors 2 could have potentially been one of the scariest films of all time, instead it's much too much like the first film and nothing like it at the same time (if you see both you'll understand). While still enjoyable and surprisingly good for a direct to video sequel, Mirrors 2 will likely be forgotten in time.
June 9, 2013
First part was waaaaayyy better than this one !
April 24, 2013
like the idea about parallel world of mirrors and reflecting surfaces.. idea about dead person killing all responsibles are not that new.. but i liked all the story!
March 22, 2013
Mirrors 2 was not as good as the original but sequels rarely are. For a sequel in a well known franchise this was a good movie. This movie was done as a true horror movie, whereas the first one was done as more of a psychological thriller. Max the security guard played by Nick Stahl is trying to get his life together & sees ghosts in mirrors in his Father's store. The Mayflower opens a store in the south & chaos breaks loose. What I liked here was that they do not try to out do the original, & most of the scenes are shot at night where Max is on duty engaging with the demons. The plot does have a subplot involving Max & the store which makes it more interesting than expected. Although I think the ending could have been better it is definitely left open for a sequel. Also, there are aspects of the plot that are a stretch. But for a horror sequel it is still a good movie with some plot twists & a lot of good drama. It's slow in some segments but still well acted for this genre. If sequels are half as good as the original they are considered to be a success. This one is about a third as good as the 1st one, so it is a good flic.
February 21, 2013
I Wish i should watch it
½ January 20, 2013
A little gorey, but still more interesting than the first one.
½ November 14, 2011
worst than mirrors and that was saying something, I didn't like it, thought it was crap, I will not watch this film ever again, crap film, it starred Nick Stahl, Lawrence Turner and Emmanuelle Vaugier
½ January 11, 2011
It could be worst, it's not scary but not boring. Only for fans.
½ October 10, 2012
A direct-to-video sequel to a rather forgettable film, Mirrors 2 manages to be a better horror film than you would expect with decent death scenes and some decently creepy moments.
½ October 4, 2012
a terrible sequel to a terrible movie.
September 6, 2012
Run of the mill direct to DVD sequel, lacks any real scares
½ December 1, 2011
In all of it's mediocrity mirrors 2 fares better than it's predecessor. At least this time there's a story we can follow well enough. Even though it's completely clichà (C)d and pretty much the plot of Shutter the original and the remake with a touch of Mirrors added in. I'm not sure what divulge exactly but I guess I can say it's a ghost revenge movie. Something bad happened involving a missing girl and her spirit comes back to take revenge against the people responsible. it's all fairly generic and fright free but there are a few genuine chills and some good death sequences. The film is pretty gory with shotty cinematography and by the numbers direction. The performances from Nick Stahl slumming it and Emmanuel Vaugier are solid enough for the material and maybe a little too good for it to be honest. The film is mildly inventive as far as genre films go. It just kinda feels like you've seen this all before and it's because you have... 2.5/5
August 14, 2012
Not as good or gory as the first, fairly boring and predictable plot.
August 10, 2012
Quite honestly I remember so little of it that I can barely rate it at all, an instantly forgettable and massively pointless sequel.