Missing in America (2005) - Rotten Tomatoes

Missing in America (2005)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Missing in America Trailers & Photos

Movie Info

A reclusive Vietnam veteran finds his quiet life thrown into chaos upon receiving an unexpected visitor in this tale of friendship and healing starring Danny Glover, Linda Hamilton, and Ron Perlman. Though 35 years have passed since Jake (Glover) returned to American soil after fighting in the Vietnam war, the horrors of the battlefield still linger vividly in his mind. Instead of returning to the hustle and bustle of the city, Jake has chosen to seek solitude in the serene forests of the Pacific Northwest -- cutting all ties to modern society save for the occasional trip into town for supplies. When a terminally ill army buddy appears on Jake's doorstep pleading with his old friend to take care of his young daughter, the gruff veteran reluctantly accepts. As the bond between Jake and his new charge strengthens, the seeds of their growing friendship sets into motion a healing process that will reach beyond Jake to affect an entire community of forgotten war veterans.more
Rating: PG-13

as Jake Neeley
Zoe Weizenbaum
as Lenny Hocknell
David Strathairn
as Henry R. Hocknell Jr...
Tim Webber
as Soldier
Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Missing in America

Critic Reviews for Missing in America

There are no critic reviews yet for Missing in America. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Missing in America

Touching story. Had a hard time finding this to see the whole thing. I thought it was worth watching. Bring a box of Kleenex! -- If I find it on again, I'm watching!

Susan Southworth

A truly wonderful movie full of such deep emotions. Love & hatred, sadness & laughter, heartbtreak & love. Forgiveness & tragedy. I highly recommend this movie to all. Danny Glover gives a 2 thumbs up performance.

Just watched this one.. Little slow,, sad,, think they left some out of the movie and could of done a little better, worth a watch on a late sunday afternoon..

Wild dreams69

Missing in America Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Missing in America on our Movie forum!