• R, 1 hr. 35 min.

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Money Talks Reviews

Phil H

October 12, 2011
Fast talking Tucker is the star in this fast paced comedy that despite doing badly upon release and being a rather bog standard action flick, I quite like it.

Nothing new in the slightest with more of resemblance to 'Lethal Weapon' and 'Beverly Hills Cop' than anything, but the quips and ramblings of Tucker are amusing and highly energetic which play well against Sheens stuck up richboy. Clearly Ratner likes Tucker as he went on to use him for the 'Rush Hour' trilogy which is pretty much more of the same, this feels like a pilot for those films but is actually probably better, just about.

Had it been made back in the 80's I'm sure this would have been looked upon more favourably but with an overloaded genre when it was released it fades into obscurity fast.
Jason R

June 25, 2010
One of my favorite movies of all time. Yeah, it's not great, but Chris Tucker delivers some of the funniest lines I've heard.

Great movie for a mindless comedy with some decent action scenes.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

April 9, 2007
Good action-comedies is a rare thing to come by these days. But during the 90's they came in the plenty, and this is an excellent example of that. Chris Tucker (being as loud-mouthed as he is) isn't always easy on the ears, but he's still a great and really funny actor, and always brings a lot of energy to the screen. The stuff that goes on story-wise may not be very believable, but it is, undeniably, highly entertaining. A perfect pick when you feel like just kicking back and watching something that doesn't require too much thinking.
Aaron N

June 17, 2006
James Russell: I want some answers!
Franklin Hatchett: Hey man, me and Guy just down here, checkin' out some fly rides, and mackin' some hos and chillin'.
James Russell: Imagine that. It's like a G-Dog on a fly tip. Flossin' wit da posse. Cuttin' in da crib. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?

This movie just fits right into my guilty pleasures list. Its an enjoyable action/comedy that features Chris Tucker buddying up to everybody. Charlie Sheen also stars, but he pretty much just gets to react to Tucker's antics.

Franklin Hatchett: You know guns don't kill people, stupid motherfuckers with guns kill people!

The story involves a local street hustler, Tucker, getting mixed up in some sordid affairs involving some French bad guys. Long story short, Tucker is on the run after being positioned as an accomplice in a prison break and cop murders. He was partially put in this position by a local news reporter, Sheen, and must now hideout with him for the weekend.

Some action ensues, as Tucker gets involved in a scheme involving the recovery of 15 million dollars worth of diamonds. Money will eventually talk as Tucker must con his way into getting rid of everyone who is after him.

James Russell: I need this for sweeps week!
Franklin Hatchett: Sweeps week? Man fuck sweeps week, my life's on the line and you're talking about a damn broom!

People give director Bret Ratner a lot of flack for his party boy attitude and the fact that he's made four Chris Tucker movies and is essentially blamed for X3, but dammit if he doesn't deliver a movie that is quick paced and a lot of fun.

The plot is silly but it delivers a lot of laughs, makes good use of Tucker and his interactions with the supporting cast, which includes Paul Sorvino, and has a good amount of 90s R rated violence. Fun stuff.

James Russell: You fuck up the suit, we've got a problem.
Franklin Hatchett: Fuck the suit, we've already got a problem!
Al S

January 2, 2008
An endlessly hilarious and gut-busting action-comedy that you will head over heels laugh for the entire ride. Delivering a full-clip of explosive action. A wild and exhilerating classic. Chris Tucker has such energy not seen since Eddie Murphey. Tucker and Sheen play each other off perfectly.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 22, 2007
had some funny moments, not bad
James A

March 13, 2006
Why did I see this?
sjcole4
sjcole4

April 21, 2008
No matter how many times I see this I still laugh just as hard as the first time I saw it...
June 23, 2012
Definitely not one of the best films I have seen. For a 90 minute film, it dragged on. Brett Ratner will never be compared to Billy Wilder but this was ridiculous. Chris Tucker is hilarious but he is not a leading man material. Charlie Sheen might be good looking and might act crazy, but he does not have the acting talents to be a leading man either. Paul Sorvino plays the same guy in every film: the Italian patriarch or the Italian patriarch with mob ties. How he keeps getting these roles is beyond me. Heather Locklear is great looking but give me a break. The best acting was done by Elise Neal and she only had ten lines or so. Perhaps less really is more. Obviously enough people liked this film to give Ratner and Tucker the go-ahead for the Rush Hour films. Oh the horror. Definitely not worth seeing save for very few funny parts.
AlsoLovesMovies
February 27, 2009
Chris Tucker and Charlie Sheen in their prime. Tucker was hilarious and with this movie he seperated himself from the rest of his peers.
tmannamt
October 18, 2010
This is so funny, it may be one of those Chris Tucker action/comedy movies, but this is a lot of fun and very entertaining!
May 17, 2010
Another odd couple style comedy. Just watch the trailer, you've seen everything funny about the movie at that point and saved yourself more than an hour that could be devoted to anything else and be considered worthwhile. Learn from my mistake.
RachelJezel
September 14, 2009
These two are a trip together, an all around "odd couple" in a very unlikely "buddy" film. Not the best film, but very funny in spots.
November 13, 2006
"All the women...
All the guys...
I fucked them all."

This movie is fun; in terms of entertainment, this movie barely holds any punches. Even before the opening credits, you can tell you're in for a treat.

I really enjoy movies like this and Blue Streak; self-propelling plots fueled by dynamic character interactions.

"Words like that give me a stiffy and at my age I can not afford to waste them."
January 13, 2009
Best buddy comedy of the 90's. Makes Rush Hour look like a pile of puke. Lotsa racial abd slapstick nonsensical humor and the action is pretty top notch too. Dont overlook this film
usheka33
March 18, 2008
chris tucker is the only actor that have my undivided attention when im watching him in a movie. he is just too cute and funny..that lil voice im loving it
manly500usa
November 1, 2007
Sought by police and criminals, a small-time huckster makes a deal with a TV newsman for protection.
leem3rd
October 25, 2007
A comedy classic ! One of Chris Tuckers first. The duo thing seems to work for him as he teams up with Charlie Sheen.
terriosofly
July 30, 2007
love it...damn i love dis damn movie..2 death..and all chris tucker movies..he is so damn funny and fine..fav. movie love it
July 6, 2007
This movie was reallllly funny. It deals with too many things at the same time, but it was still a good movie. Chris Tucker MADE this movie...