Monster-in-Law Reviews

June 22, 2015
How frustrating it is that Jane Fonda would pick Monster-in-Law as her first movie after being on hiatus. This is a dumb, unfunny, unoriginal turkey. It's like one of those sitcoms that only lasted 3 episodes before being taken off the network. Michael Vartan is particularly terrible.
July 16, 2006
J-Lo often gets a bad wrap for her acting - and true, she's not the greatest actor in the world - but occasionally I do find her charming.

It seemed as though the rest of the cast carried an over-acting, weathered Jane Fonda through the plot - which worked in the end, had some funny moments. Fonda's melodramatic performance was cringe worthy though at times.

Not a bad film.
½ October 20, 2014
This is pretty much paint by number routine romantic comedy that showcases a particularly bad performance by Jennifer Lopez. The only thing worthwhile seeing in here are fine architectural landmarks of LA, such as the Neff and Ross houses in Pasadena.
October 9, 2014
Much Funnier than all these Sanctimonious yuppies would say!!
June 14, 2007
Vartan disserved better. An unfunny mess with a few bright spots
½ May 28, 2014
Just a weak and very flat comedy that offers nothing anything original or funny
April 10, 2014
Shallow story and poorly-written script. No laughter is to happen but more yawns. Very average performances from actors and nothing interesting to watch for.
December 31, 2013
An acid comedy with a nice cast & some funny jokes. Jane Fonda is going all evil in this little film about a mother who can't stand the idea of losing her son to another woman. It's an ok film.
February 8, 2010
A passable comedy with an idea similar to Meet The Parents, but this one is not as funny. (First viewing - Late teen years)
½ October 11, 2013
was somehow good. Shocked by its rating!! It deserves better than this.
July 11, 2013
Funny enough I suppose, it ultimately is brought down by a series of cliches. What saves it though is Jane Fonda, who is flat out awesome. Overall, I say give it a rental.
July 8, 2013
Jane Fonda does an excellent job creating a character you really dislike..alas you end up disliking the movie even more.
June 28, 2013
Awesome movie! Very hilarious! Jane Fonda & Jennifer Lopez is awesome!!
½ June 26, 2013
Always a movie I like to watch when I come across on TV. Its hilarious and cute with a super funny cast and a dislocated vagina. What's not to love?
June 9, 2013
This movie is pure death. I walked out of the theatre.
½ June 1, 2013
Monster-in-Law gets boring after the first 15 minutes, despite having a fun premise for a romantic comedy. One-note films like this are often helped by great supporting casts, but even Adam Scott, Wanda Sykes, and Will Arnett can't make this reach mediocrity. I doubt even Jennifer Lopez fans liked this one.
May 23, 2013
I was suprised, i didnt think i was going to like it but i was really bored and watched it and i really injoyed it!
May 6, 2013
One of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile, and I dont even like J-Lo!
April 30, 2013
not as good as it should be but passable rom-com
½ April 24, 2013
nice, lovely and fun romantic movie!