Monsters vs. Aliens Reviews

½ July 31, 2014
Dreamworks usually works best when they don't take themselves too seriously. Everything in this movie is gleefully over the top, which works well since it is parodying monster movies. The humor is also on point in this movie, particularly B.O.B, who I know is someone people will either hate or love.
However, what really surprised me was the heart that was put into Susan (or SUUUSAN! Or whatever). She surprisingly has to go through all of emotional package as her boyfriend turns out to be a jerk and now everyone sees her differently, even though she knows she is the exact same person on the inside. Having her adjust to her size was also something entertaining to watch.
So the voice acting is good, the script is funny. Why am I not rating this movie higher? Well, keep in mind I do like the animation. The backgrounds look nice and someone of the monsters look pretty cool. It's just that sometimes the human characters look a little...off. Specifically with the president there were some moments where I couldn't tell what the heck was wrong with his face. That's not good for an animated movie.
But other than that, Monsters VS Alien is a funny and action-paced adventure for all ages. Check it out if you have the time.

7.5/10 Great
½ March 27, 2009
SF ROCKS!!!! xDDDDD
I was so excited cuz it looks exactly like the city!!!
½ July 25, 2014
A funny movie, great animation.
July 13, 2014
Has plenty of gimmicks but not enough depth to back it up.
July 10, 2014
It has some good humor and action, but the animation is kind of awkward. It is not Dreawork Animation's best but it is not their worst.
March 25, 2009
A solid kid movie. Usually I can't watch movies on a plane but I loved this. Very good voice actors made it extra fun
July 12, 2012
Enough to give funny monsters in your digestion!...
June 15, 2014
Rehash of 50's and other similar classic films, but not an homage, nor parody. That lack of focus leaves this a bit flat. Fun casting choices.
May 15, 2014
Funny at times, but overall lacking
½ April 24, 2014
Plagada de referencias al cine B y todo el universo que los rodea; es un deleite para los seguidores del género; fuera de eso, la película es entretenida, algunos chistes fallan tremendamente....pero jamás en nuestros personajes príncipales, que si bien apestan como equipo, tienen personalidades que se complementan el un con el otro. Es sorprendente también que no busca un elemento romántico, algo que se agradece sabiendo lo gastado que es en el género de animación. Definitivamente no es de las mejores del estudio pero hace pasar un rato ameno.
½ April 11, 2014
As exciting as the 1st monsters animation plus a wide spectrum of celebrity voices.
March 27, 2014
Obviously this very far from being the best Dreamworks animated film, but was more a nice job.
½ March 8, 2014
Monsters vs. Aliens isn't the best of kids movies. I could go into the flaws with the story, the characters, and the dialogue, but I know that kids don't care about that kind of stuff. It's almost always about the eye candy, and this movie has it. Adults will be bored by this flick, but younger viewers will like it.
March 8, 2014
Monsters are hidden in a secret lab so the public does not know about them. A bride-to-be is struck by a meteor and grows to be super tall and is sent to the lab to be kept secret from the world. Eventually aliens invade the planet and the government is out of ideas so they bring in the monsters to try and save the day. Does about what you would expect it to be. Not as good as some of Dreamworks other animated entries or the best of Pixar, but a solid fun film.
June 5, 2009
I was Very Happy with this Movie Best Cartoon Ive seen since Wall E. Alot of Laughs and a lot of Fun Very Likable All Around Good Time.
½ September 22, 2013
Beautifully animated and full of potential, Monsters vs. Aliens' plot doesn't take enough advantage of its beautiful animation and great characters, nor are any of its jokes very funny.
½ February 14, 2014
A funny and enjoyable film that has likeable characters. Although there may be not as much depth as other animations like Shrek or Finding Nemo, the movie will appeal to both adults and children.
February 10, 2014
A bit silly but one of the better average animated movies
March 26, 2009
BUFF movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 13, 2013
If Pacific Rim was an animated kids movie, it would be this one. Plenty of fun for the whole family, but it's by no means the best kind of animation.