• PG-13, 1 hr. 34 min.
    In Theaters:
    May 25, 2012 Limited
    On DVD:
    Oct 16, 2012
  • Focus Features

Critic Review - 3AW

The reputation of Wes Anderson as one of America's most consistently over-rated directors gets another boost with his latest exercise in stylistic posturing and forced whimsy.

September 7, 2012 Full Review Source: 3AW | Comments (14)

Comments

Sylvester S.

Sylvester Stallone

Sorry, I would rather not take the opinion of the only guy who gave disaster movie a fresh

Sep 16 - 09:31 PM

Tiffany Owen

Tiffany Owen

you must have been bitten by a black raven once upon a time.

Sep 22 - 07:54 PM

Martin Schenke

Martin Schenke

I agree with this appraisal. Wes Anderson's films are becoming more mawkish and ostentatiously cute as time goes by. That his work is so often met with gleeful admiration, says a great deal about the "adults" who pay good money to watch this cinematic trivia.

Sep 23 - 08:15 AM

Rob Conrad

Rob Conrad

I find it ironic that a guy with a muppit as his image has the audacity to call out adults who enjoy a romanticized childhood story; almost as much so that the only other person who agrees admittedly didn't understand a rather straightforward storyline.

His films are catered to a select audience that enjoys a specific type of film. Your analysis does not focus on the movie for what it was, but the hatred for a director who makes films outside of your spectrum.

Sep 27 - 12:35 AM

Francois Chan

Francois Chan

Wow, Rob. I was about to reply to Martin Schenke's comment, but you said everything very well. Wes Anderson does, indeed, cater to a select part of the moviegoing spectrum. And he appeals to that niche very well.

Oct 18 - 12:59 PM

Oliver D.

Oliver Dirie

Tool

Sep 27 - 06:12 AM

Red Skelton

Red Skelton

Wow your dumb, and any who listen to your opinion are the same.

Sep 29 - 03:02 PM

Chris Stevenson

Chris Stevenson

anderson movies are anderson movies.
personally, i think you have to be missing a little something to not enjoy them.
i think this guy might be missing 'something'.

Sep 29 - 07:42 PM

Katie Mullins

Katie Mullins

Honestly, I have to agree.

Oct 15 - 10:14 AM

Mark Payne

Mark Payne

what not to like about this movie?there a millon action movies out there,this is a refreshing change,and the acting so strong

Oct 24 - 08:17 AM

William Tooher IV

William Tooher IV

What rock have you been living under?!

Oct 24 - 06:44 PM

Joshua Graves

Joshua Graves

Ha you gave The Expendables 2 a better score than Moonrise Kingdom? Lost all credibility.

Oct 26 - 12:41 PM

Sanjay Rema

Sanjay Rema

I sort of agree. I don't like Wes Anderson very much, but I have friends who practically worship him. His style is very much love or hate. That being said, I found Moonrise to be a decent movie, much better than anything else Wes Anderson has done.

Oct 31 - 01:02 PM

Mr. B.

Mr. BananaGrabber

My how you missed the boat. It is certainly understandable to dislike Anderson's style, but the words you published regarding this film are foolish and wildly misguided. I pity your emotional and artistic inability to experience true beauty.

Nov 5 - 06:59 AM