• Directed By:
    Wes Anderson
    In Theaters:
    May 25, 2012 Limited
    On DVD:
    Oct 16, 2012
  • Focus Features

Rex Reed's review

Rex Reed just called all of Wes Anderson's movies pretentious, naive, and incomprehensible. How he's a top critic is beyond me.
2001 - A Space Odyssey
11-12-2012 07:59 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Valmordas

Val Mordas

The absolute only thing I agree with Rex Reed on.

Aug 6 - 07:59 AM

Greg White

Greg White

rex reed is exactly right--this movie was like a bad dream but more boring and pointless-- I hated it-- full of superficial characters walking around in a coma-like condition

May 27 - 08:55 PM

Lyman Zhang

Lyman Zhang

Of course he don't get it, the whole movie can be decrease to a song: Le Temps de l'Amour (Françoise Hardy)
lol

Mar 19 - 10:20 AM

Sharon Butler

Sharon Butler

I kept wondering why those kids were still at summer camp in the first week of September. When does school start in New England anyway?

Feb 24 - 09:53 AM

Tyler H.

Tyler H

It takes place on an island. The school schedule could be very different on New Penzance :)

Mar 1 - 11:21 AM

Tyler H.

Tyler H

Really? I really like Wes Anderson, and Moonrise Kingdom was his best, in my opinion. You just can't count on the critics

Feb 22 - 02:50 PM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

In all fairness I'm not the biggest fan of Rex Reed, but I find it hard to say that Wes Anderson isn't pretentious and naive, I think he's an extortionately overrated director. His hipster style of filmaking always feels to contrived for my tastes, like he's trying so hard to create something moving that it feels artificial instead of actually being compelling. I usually agree with the general consensus with most critics and reviews, but I am highly annoyed by Wes Anderson's and have no idea why he is as popular as he is.

Feb 22 - 02:18 PM

drjitters

Dr. Jitters

Rex Reed should just retire already. He's 75 years old and there are plenty of others out there who would like his job. He's out of touch.

Jan 22 - 08:05 PM

dengf

Ll g

Screw Rex Reed. Wes Anderson makes great movies and Moonrise Kingdom is one of his best. Sad that it won't get any recognition from the Academy.

Jan 11 - 10:42 AM

Jerrel Hawkins

Jerrel Hawkins

I agree Andrew. I'm going to purchase this DVD. There were no less than 15 kids from my neighborhood in my house growing up with my two sisters and me. My mother even kept her sanity. My dad spent a lot of time at his motorcycle shop me to, I was always geting suspended.

Jan 9 - 09:12 PM

Robbie Obrien

Robbie Obrien

That's nuts man. Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, Moonrise Kingdom, The Life Aquatic, etc). What an idiot for thinking that.

Jan 3 - 08:21 AM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Hey if he hates a movie it's probably a good one

Nov 18 - 10:04 PM

Jerrel Hawkins

Jerrel Hawkins

Chum, he is a dork. This is real life.

Jan 9 - 09:14 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Can't make jokes in real life? Pfff..