• PG-13, 1 hr. 34 min.

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Moonrise Kingdom Reviews

August 9, 2014
The main two characters could be cast better, but I liked the story and the feeling of the movie. Cute one.
Giovanni M.
August 8, 2014
The only thing I don't like about this movie is how much teenage white girls adore it and make it out to be a counterpart to Mean Girls or The Notebook. That being said, I love this movie.
August 8, 2014
My favorite movie right now
Brandon F.
August 7, 2014
Strange, but charming and technically beautiful.
August 6, 2014
Mostanában ennél aranyosabb filmet nem láttam. Zseniális, ismét.
August 5, 2014
What a piece of art! Seriously! Loved every camera angle and the colours. Wes Anderson is truly a genious.
August 4, 2014
Funny and entertaining, Moonrise Kingdom represents the particular universe of Wes Anderson.
April 29, 2014
It's a quirky film about two very odd young lovers. Occasionally amusing, but never laugh out loud funny, it's too offbeat and somber to be my type of film.
May 25, 2014
Eccentric, humorous & touching. Visually pleasing and well acted.
December 7, 2013
Otra joyita de Wes Anderson.
January 25, 2013
Moonrise Kingdom is an island of misfit toys. Wes Anderson's poignant direction always shines through, as he expresses young love and how innocence can flourish in a serene environment. Moonrise Kingdom fully succeeds in immersing the viewer in an elegant and emotionally resonant cinematic experience.
Huai I.
August 2, 2014
Could have been so much more...
August 1, 2014
Oh Wes Anderson. Your charm and colorful imagery is always wonderful to watch on the big screen.

It's just...I couldn't get into your characters this time around. And it wasn't the actors' fault, don't get me wrong. I liked all of the actors. Even the child actors were pretty good. My problem is that I couldn't get into the story or any of the characters. The relationship between the two child leads is very awkward and doesn't have that much time to develop.
I think besides the make out scene the most emotion I got out of this movie was "What kind of bird are you?" That's not good.
But like I mentioned, this is a very quirky and colorful movie. I love the soundtrack and the designs look great. The actors were also pretty good. I just wish there were better emotions to back it up.

6/10 Good
July 30, 2014
Wes Anderson doesn't create films so much as he does parables. This film exists in a rarefied 1965 that never existed, but the values are those of Rockwell painting undermined by adultery, oddity, and the violences of adolescent love.
July 28, 2014
What I got to say about "Moonrise Kingdom" is for my opinion, it's coming-to-age love story that it's so warm whimsical. The performances in the movie are good. The directing by Wes Anderson is good as well. The screenplay by Roman Coppola is so original. And the score in this movie is perfect.
March 14, 2014
Original, drôle et magnifique de toutes les maničres possibles.
July 27, 2014
One of the best made film I have ever seen. hugely funny and I somehow really enjoyed the sense of color in this film!
July 22, 2012
Amazing and perfect.
Hugo P.
April 13, 2014
Moonrise Kingodom is a whimsical tale of these kids that decide to escape their homes and make a new home with one another. I heard great things from this movie; I was expecting a great movie. I liked the movie, but I didn't love it. I think my expectations of the film were too high. I saw it in number four, I think, for the best movies of 2012 by one of my favorite "youtubers" by the name YMS. I think he has a good eye for movies. So that had something to do with my high expectations. But the movie isn't bad. It's actually really good. The movie is colorful, whimsical, and light hearted. I liked the tone; I have not seen this tone in a movie for a while. The performances are great; having the kids be played by unknowns was a great idea because. I see the character I don't see the actor, because I don't know any of them. Bill Murray is great as always. Bruce Willis is not phoning it in this movie, which he hasn't done in a while. Ed Norton is great as the scout captain. It was directed well, Wes Anderson really cared about this movie. The cartoon feel to the movie worked well. It is very imaginative. I was invested in the story. The music worked well, there is this scene were they have this really dramatic music and have slow motion and it is awesome, my favorite scene of the movie. My problems with the movie, the two main kids who are suppose to be in love, the chemistry was fine, but I don't know if they are the same age, but the guy looks way younger than the girl, which bugged me. There was a lot of style in the movie which I liked, but there was not much of a plot. I liked the movie; I would recommend it to anyone. Watch it and you might love it more than I did.
July 26, 2014
Incredible imagery excellent casting and a touching plot.