Morgan Stewart's Coming Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Morgan Stewart's Coming Home Reviews

September 6, 2010
I love Jon Cryer in this movie. It's also got a good story, it's not fantastic, but it's a lot of fun and very funny, I really like this movie, and I highly recommend it.
October 22, 2007
Viveka Davis is hot, and Jon Cryer is likeable in this 80's slapstick comedy. It all goes a bit downhill for the finale, but it has its moments.
iLeo
½ January 13, 2008
Good, funny!
½ May 10, 2008
Love Jon Cryer and I have seen this years and years ago...totally hilarious. This was super funny and the story was pretty good. Total 80's Movie and I wish they would come out with this on DVD already...I'd be the first to buy it lol
½ May 23, 2007
Jon Cryer is awesome as a rich kid who has family problems and meet a girl of his dreams. Things go bad for him, but they get better. A great cast in this 1987 classic movie.
March 19, 2015
In spite of Paul Aaron having his name taken off as director, it's really not all that bad. Cryer is funny as always and the plot is at least partially believable, especially given the time and place.
September 6, 2010
½ January 7, 2010
You know, all of his posters and references more or less made up for the fact that this could possibly be the worst movie ever made. ;)
Morbid Morgan! Woot!
December 5, 2009
I love loved this movie when I was 12, I still love it today. just bought the DVD. can you believe 20 years after it's release it comes to DVD, how cool!
September 27, 2009
i enyoyed this film like i do many other 80`s teen comedys. i dont understand the director wanting the Alan Smithee credit. it is a decent film.
½ April 22, 2009
Pretty stupid but as a child, I remember loving Morgan's horror collection and being totally jealous that he got to sneak out and go to midnight screenings of horror movies.
Funny that whoever the director of the movie was thought it was so bad that he opted to change the credit to Alan Smithee - it's no worse than most of the other movies made at the time.
July 14, 2008
I was not impressed. Morgan felt and looked like a less interesting version of Ferris Bueller. There's a reason this never made an impression on its generation. It's forced and average.
½ May 10, 2008
½ January 31, 2008
Not Available on DVD - Original VHS from HBO Home Video -
October 22, 2007
October 2, 2007
One of my personal favourite feel good movies, 'Morgan Stewart's Coming Home' is an underrated teen comedy about a young man's attempts to bond with two perfect strangers - his own parents! Jon Cryer is delightful in the title role and he is offered great support from Viveka Davis as spunky love interest Emily and Lynne Redgrave as Morgan's decidedly non-touchy feely mother Nancy. Can Morgan and Emily teach Tom and Nancy that family is just as important as a political career?
½ September 3, 2007
Morgan is a boarding school kid who collects horror movie memorabilia. Suddenly his parents invite him home, but only to be seen as part of their political campaign. "Insert kid here." He decides to make them be a "real" family. Various hilarity ensues. Surprisingly well developed characters and comedic performances, even if the plot drags a bit by the time the chase scene rolls around. It's worth renting.
September 8, 2007
Excellent Teen Movie! Especially since the opening sequence involves zooming out of a zombi 2 poster. Good play on family life as well! Whats more important? Your Family Life or your Political Life?
June 11, 2007
Interesting film until it falls apart at the end.
½ May 23, 2007