Just a really boring, badly-made film.

Credit to Odeon for giving us our money back after we got bored and walked out!

A reviewer from The Wrap, Alonso Duralde, says "...is gross, juvenile, disgusting, scatological, vile, reprehensible and in the worst possible taste. But heaven help me, I laughed."

My only thought is "why?". I don't mind that it is gross, juvenile etc. No problem. The reason we walked out was that it was boring and incredibly badly-made. It felt like a film student's first project - by the student at the bottom of the class. They can't even get the internet to look right, or the video chat; it doesn't make any sense whatever on any level. If anything the shorts are not disgusting enough to make sense - it is very easy to find more amusing, gross and interesting movies on the internet. For nothing.

At no stage does it feel like anyone bothered to try and make a film suitable for cinema release. It feels like some people who have been told about the internet wanted to tell other people about it without making any effort.

The greatest mystery is why so many A-list stars agreed to take part. Do not be fooled: it was not because this film is original, edgy or funny and worth watching despite the critics. It is none of those things. It really is just bad in every way.
Richard Dale
01-25-2013 12:58 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

Hasn't it become just so apparent that most of the popular film-makers in Hollywood today are just mailing it in? The Farrelly or whayever their names are made a seriously bad an epic bad film called "Hall Pass" It seemed to me that most of the problem was that the director and writer(probably the same crew) were only concerned about coping their next fix cause they put no effort into the "film". I figured they could do this if they needed too but I wasn't going to be a party to it by folking over my money. Seems their are still many many people who just can't give it to these guys faster enough. Now they churn out "Movie 43" we have ourselves to blame if we pay to see this mess. Stop! Don't do it! Peace Out!

Feb 11 - 11:21 PM

David Rossenfelds

David Rossenfelds

Daniel Irwin you're a faggot, you were probably sucking off a 4 year old behind the screen, thet's why everyone left.

Feb 7 - 11:50 AM

Daniel Irwin

Daniel Irwin

Update: "Movie 43 Dies with $1.8 million, and D Cinema-Score" says The Hollywood Reporter. They even said a lot of people walked out on opening day.

Jan 26 - 10:36 AM

Daniel Irwin

Daniel Irwin

I hope that people get shot to death when they see it.

Jan 25 - 03:10 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

go to hell you faggot fuck

Jan 25 - 04:18 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Choke on Satan's cock and die!!*

*I don't actually have an opinion on this matter, but since we're throwing moronic insults around...

Jan 25 - 04:43 PM

Jonnitta Peevy

Jonnitta Peevy

lol that was funny!

Jan 25 - 05:02 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

@the watcher, fuck you, he is the asshole

Jan 25 - 05:21 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

I only see one asshole here. Literally, cos your name has "hol" in it.

Jan 25 - 06:14 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

you cant even see me faggot.

Jan 26 - 08:04 AM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

lol I can't see you faggot? What does it mean when you are 'faggoting' something? That's a verb I've never come across before. Does it have something to do with you being an asshole?

Jan 26 - 09:44 PM

bribios

brian wilson

Dammit Watcher! Don't get into internet arguments with middle schoolers!

Jan 27 - 01:39 PM

John Tyler

J *

Holy shit, it's like 5-year-olds arguing over who has the better Happy Meal.

Apr 10 - 06:36 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

It's fucking Brett Ratner. That alone is like the cinematic version of bug spray to my senses. Ratner can't make a good movie if he has a gun to his head.

Of course, since it's at 7% and is, unsurprisingly, appearing to be an unfunny piece of shit that constitutes a crime against cinema, you know there will be tonnes of idiots who will love it and call it one of the funniest movies evah!

I'm sure it will make great money and continue Ratner's undeserved career.

Jan 25 - 03:09 PM

Daniel Irwin

Daniel Irwin

He really offended us with his limp-dick "X-men" offering back in '06, and is partially responsible for producing "Skyline" with the Faggots Strause. Granted, I liked "Red Dragon", but he's failed to duplicate that success since.

Jan 25 - 05:22 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Don't forget the Rush Hour movies. Chris Tucker's dreadful performance of being perpetually loud and obnoxious surely guarantees a very special place in hell for his soul after he blesses all us mortals with his departure.

I lump people like David Spade, Tracy Morgan, Kevin James, Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider into that same category.

And shit, making one movie just shy of mediocre in a lengthy career doesn't count. I mean, even Michael Bay has The Rock to his name.

Jan 25 - 06:22 PM

Daniel Irwin

Daniel Irwin

The more I hear of Michael Bay, the more likely my eardrums will respond in pain.

Jan 25 - 08:43 PM

Rich Gehring Jr.

Rich Gehring Jr.

Why do you put quotes around the movies you listed? Your an idiot.

Jan 26 - 01:01 PM

Meredith Hansen

Meredith Hansen

*you're

Jan 26 - 02:56 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

dear meredith, please go talk to preston and never come back

Jan 26 - 03:59 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Oh, the sweet, sweet irony of calling someone an idiot while misspelling one of the easiest words in the English language... it never gets old.

Jan 26 - 09:43 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile