19% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Last Man Standing: Season 3
—— Unforgettable: Season 3

The Movie Hero (Frame of Mind) Reviews

March 20, 2013
such a fresh take on the noir style of movie. sisto does a fantastic job.
BigBabyJesus
March 9, 2009
Goofy, silly fun. Recommended if it comes on TV, but don't knock your Mamma over to watch it...
art s

October 18, 2008
Being such an avid movie fan, this film really spoke to me. I could relate to the main character and i loved the plot. it was silly and funny and i really enjoyed this (:
September 1, 2008
Fun "superhero" movie with a spoofish feel. Sisto, believes that he has an "audience" and that Stormare is his arch nemesis. His "antics" lead him to Meyer's who is his court appointed psychiatrist. The movie tries for a deeper meaning, with it possible that the "audience" is the soul or maybe the connection to god. Interesting movie overall, good for a lazy day.
June 30, 2008
i was amazed by how this movie played out.. i was a bit irked at first but stuck with it till the end and was surprised with the results... its worth watching but viewer beware, its not all that may be expected.
June 27, 2007
The Movie Hero explores the role movies can have as inspiring us to live more fulfilling lives. I loved the metaphor of "audiences" being whatever the "spiritual force" is that connects people to each other. Really awesome way to think about life, IMO.

If you think movies can be more than just entertaining diversions from "real" life, if you're looking for a movie that you can love for its IDEAS and not just it's jokes, dramatic moments, or special effects, then this movie is worth a look.
meangirlxoxo
December 14, 2007
Awesome movie. Jereny Sisto was amazing.
formyboards
November 20, 2007
Bizarre and quirky but totally fun.
ashliecurl
August 27, 2007
I took a chance on this one and liked it. Althought, most people who have watched this with me says it's stupid. Well that is true but I like it anyway.
June 6, 2007
I really enjoyed this one. It's a really unique film... basically the main character (who is a movie fanatic) believes that their is an audience following him around watching him... so he lives his life talking to the imaginary audience as the leading man in his own film. It really makes for a cool and fun film watching experience... because you are kind of like his imaginary audience. Peter Stormare is freakin hilarious as the villian who steals other people audiences... cheesy in parts, but overall just a lot of fun.
July 15, 2007
jeremy sisto & alexis arquette!
June 25, 2007
This was a cute movie.....i like it and i think Jeremy Sisto is hott!
June 18, 2007
very unique and entertaining
butterflies2709
June 10, 2007
A quirky comedy with a great underlying message
thew1zardofoz
June 4, 2007
A surprising masterpiece. This movie, rented out of boredom, turned out to be hilarious, and very original. Shot in the perspective of the audience is the camera, with the main character knowing (believing) he was being watched by "the audience". This movie immediately moved to the top of my list of all time great movies.
May 25, 2007
I love this movie, because it appeals to the ultimate movie lover. The acting is good, the story unique, and the feel of the film makes it enjoyable. It's a tad slow storyline wise, but the creativity of the story is what I like about it. So like this movie says...your audience is watching, so play the hero.
mackey
November 14, 2006
[font=Georgia][size=1]I feel like I've seen Jeremy Sisto in something before, but running through his career on IMDB, I only saw a lot of movies I've intended to watch, but never did, and therefore have never seen his work. Even so, he's a fucking spectacular lead, and I hope to see him in a lot more soon.

This flick was a real surprise to me, one of those you just stumble upon, find the premise engaging, pop it in and away you go. I had zero expectations, never heard anything about it nor knew of it. The concept is that Blake Gardner (Sisto) believes his life is a movie, watched by an audience only he can see, and he is the hero of the movie. He talks to the camera often, addressing the audience through it, but in the reality of the movie, there is nothing there. It is in his mind, only he sees it. He sets out looking for the characters in the movie that is his life, finding his Love Interest, Suspicious Character, Side Kick, and Doomed Fiance. It all plays out wonderfully, and the viewing experience is like no other, very original and satisfying.

People who live for flicks such as I do will get a kick out of this story of a dude who took it the next step. [/size][/font]
Deadeye26
November 8, 2006
Review coming soon... 8.5/10
jazza923
November 3, 2006
3.5/10. This film does not work on any level. I will give it some points for originality, the it turns out stupid. Thw acting is fine, no one is bad or anything, nor does anyone stand out. The direction is miguided. I found the film irritating.