The Movie Hero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Movie Hero Reviews

March 20, 2013
such a fresh take on the noir style of movie. sisto does a fantastic job.
October 28, 2012
Interesting idea and Jeremy Sisto is perfect
2010 movies: 39
October 30, 2011
Horrible plot and even worse execution of said horrible plot. I couldn't watch it.
½ August 2, 2011
Great, great film!!!! I mean why wouldn't you want to watch a film in which the main character thinks his life is a movie?? Not only that but watch a film that knocks everything that is Hollywood!! Outstanding film!!
May 17, 2010
Interesting idea and Jeremy Sisto is perfect
2010 movies: 39
May 2, 2010
Accidentally ran across this movie and really liked it. Very original script. A bit cheesy, but still liked it.
½ April 4, 2010
recommend this one for the movie nuts
November 30, 2009
Completely original idea and very well done. Great acting, just a great movie
½ March 9, 2009
Goofy, silly fun. Recommended if it comes on TV, but don't knock your Mamma over to watch it...
½ December 16, 2008
This was certainly a very unique movie and I enjoyed the interesting perspectives.
June 21, 2007
A hard to find film with a unique perspective in the movie world. It is really good. Really really good.
October 21, 2008
Creative and original
October 18, 2008
Being such an avid movie fan, this film really spoke to me. I could relate to the main character and i loved the plot. it was silly and funny and i really enjoyed this (:
August 21, 2008
Who doesn't love a movie that has a guy in it that believes his life is a movie? Hey, don't knock it until you've seen it! It's awesome.
½ September 1, 2008
Fun "superhero" movie with a spoofish feel. Sisto, believes that he has an "audience" and that Stormare is his arch nemesis. His "antics" lead him to Meyer's who is his court appointed psychiatrist. The movie tries for a deeper meaning, with it possible that the "audience" is the soul or maybe the connection to god. Interesting movie overall, good for a lazy day.
August 17, 2008
This was a fantastic experimental indie film that I was lucky enough to catch on Showtime a few nights ago. The whole premise of reducing people to a title (love interest, doomed fiance, suspicious character) was really a very interesting concept. The acting and camera work were also notable, because they downplayed movie-norms and accepted a risky, artistic approach. Near the end of the movie, they do fall on some cliches, but that is to be expected when the whole movie is merely a movie in itself. I really liked this film, and I can't wait to see it again!
½ July 22, 2008
This movie kept me enertained. Although it is a bit different it is something new and refreshing.
½ June 30, 2008
i was amazed by how this movie played out.. i was a bit irked at first but stuck with it till the end and was surprised with the results... its worth watching but viewer beware, its not all that may be expected.
June 11, 2008
Great movie. More of a sophisticated comedy. It has everything: romance, some action, a story line, and some pretty good comedy. I loved it.
½ June 27, 2007
The Movie Hero explores the role movies can have as inspiring us to live more fulfilling lives. I loved the metaphor of "audiences" being whatever the "spiritual force" is that connects people to each other. Really awesome way to think about life, IMO.

If you think movies can be more than just entertaining diversions from "real" life, if you're looking for a movie that you can love for its IDEAS and not just it's jokes, dramatic moments, or special effects, then this movie is worth a look.