Mr. & Mrs. Smith Reviews

June 23, 2015
No. I am not a fan of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. In fact, I kinda hate it. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are great together, yes. They're a gorgeous couple and they light up the screen, but a movie can't rely entirely on its leads. YOU NEED A GOOD STORY. Mr. and Mrs. Smith doesn't have that. It's a lazily written screenplay that seems to say "well, we don't need a good story because Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are hot enough so they'll sell the movie and make us enough money..."

So in the movie, the leads find out each other's true identities and must kill one another. Right away this is terrible. Like, OF COURSE they're not gonna kill each other. We're forced to watch a tedious house fight scene where they beat the crap out of each other and the ENTIRE time I'm thinking "Why is this necessary? OF COURSE they're not gonna kill each other. OF COURSE they're gonna have wild make-up sex." I was reminded of those scenes in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl where the good pirates fight the UNDEAD bad pirates who can't be killed. What is the point of fighting them when they're immortal? Why are we even watching this? Why was it written this way?
August 6, 2010
Funny with good action, but a lame and crappy ending.
June 18, 2012
A different side to a romance film. Mr. and Mrs. Smith had solid action but a dull story and climax. Jolie and Pitt were fun to watch but their acting isnt great...maybe they were focusing too much at what was going on off the screen ;)
May 31, 2009
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt star as a (initially un)happy married couple, neither of who is aware the other is actually a rival assassin working for two different firms

The fun begins, of course, when they each discover that fact after each is given the same target, and fail to deliver said target and are then given a short period of time to eliminate the competition (aka each other).

This is also the film in which, during the filming of, the whole Angelina Jolie-Brad Pitt-Jennifer Anniston kerfuffle started, which probably helped give it a ratings boost (after all, there's no such thing as bad publicity, right?)
October 25, 2009
Agent Smith from The Matrix battles his wife. If you want to see a good movie with a similar premise check out True Lies.
March 25, 2015
It may be unfair to say, but its easily admitted that the most interesting ploy this film can rely on was the media storm surrounding "THE affair" that led to "THE Hollywood couple to be" Brangelina. As a matter of fact, the film is actually rather good and the playful yet genuine chemistry berween Pitt and Jolie excuses the ludicrous plot and reliance on marketing gimmicks. The film really isn't a serious one, but it is a sexy one. A defiantly proud saturday night date film.
March 23, 2015
loved this film for years ! its hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!
March 22, 2015
Far better than I would have expected. A story of two assassins who marry without knowing their partners jobs. I expected it to be boring, but was pleasantly surprised.
March 17, 2015
Entertaining, sexy, easy to watch, exciting and funny without being cheesy. A truly playful film worth watching
½ November 22, 2007
I am in love with these two actors and will watch them in anything to be fair, just to watch their faces for two hours.
January 29, 2015
The two leads work well in their roles but the story becomes unstuck when they stop hitting each other. Full review later.
½ October 13, 2014
With a lot of cliches, predictable, nothing that we hadn't see before and weak argument, however with a talented cast.
½ January 24, 2015
½ January 23, 2015
A dumb, unmemorable, mediocre action-rom-com that is made better by it's stars.
January 18, 2015
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Pitt & Jolie.. awesome couple, stunning chemistry.. but when things get exciting this movie just left it unsaid.
March 25, 2014
A sexy, funny, generic action comedy flick.
September 20, 2013
Cinematography & Editing - 8
Soundtrack/Score & Set Design - 7
How much I enjoyed it personally - 6
January 2, 2015
Amusing film with great banter and chemistry between Jolie and Pitt but the story line and action scenes are far from believable.
June 5, 2006
angelina jolie is the only thing making the movie get a star
½ December 17, 2014
Painfully cheesy, weakly written and a lame attempt just to put two attractive movie stars on screen together.