Mr. Popper's Penguins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Popper's Penguins Reviews

½ December 26, 2015
Not Jim Carreys finest moment but he definitely provided much needed life and charm into a fairly bland and generic family film about penguins. Its not particularly funny, its more repetitive and clumsy then anything but its good fun to watch at christmas for the whole family.
December 25, 2015
a better film than I expected but still a kids film with Jim Carrey going back to silly face mode. Alright for a background film at Christmas though.
October 3, 2015
Ni el carisma de Jim Carrey puede salvar a esta película, pero en realidad ni con otro actor cómico funcionaria puesto que el guion resulta ser flojo y hasta genérico en algunas ocasiones.
August 16, 2015
Mr. Popper's Penguins gets a caught in the snow from time to time, but this is a good time-passer.
½ August 17, 2011
Cute, but just that.
July 29, 2015
One of the greatest films ever. Six Gentoo penguins carry Jim Carrey to his best film ever.
May 23, 2011
A cute movie for the entire family.
½ May 18, 2015
Even with Jim Carrey in the lead, this movie lacks the same charm as the book it's based on.
½ April 14, 2015
Middle-school students from the after-school film club at the New York Tibetan Service Center:
Chuu: I felt that the penguins were cute
Textan: It was goooood. ^_^
Danbo: It was a really funny movie and it was good.
Aqua: I thought the actors couldn't act.
February 4, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH
April 30, 2011
I'll be surprise if those funny and cute penguins were real in the film, which it's funny like a Carrey comedy with some of his usual elements. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
½ January 11, 2015
fun for the family but not for me
ascordeiro108
May 2, 2011
It's a sweet holiday movie, but nothing more.
½ December 7, 2014
It means well, and there are some standout moments, but ultimately it never fails to be a predictable story.
½ November 30, 2014
Funny and well acted, but not original for that people who saw Hotel for dogs and with a predictable direction.
½ November 30, 2014
November 25, 2014
My family really likes this movie. It was sweet to hear Landon, my 8 year old, totally lose it and laugh himself to tears....
November 16, 2014
Movie afternoon with Gertie.

By-numbers family fare, but not ashamed to admit i laughed more than once. Interesting to see how Carrey's goofiness appealed to my five-year old.
October 26, 2014
Kiddish, delightful though.
August 6, 2014
A very unfunny comedic take on the classic novel...