65% The Equalizer Sep 26

100% Sleepy Hollow: Season 2
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Mr. Popper's Penguins Reviews

September 21, 2013
Thank god this came out before the Avengers.
September 20, 2014
I loved the book when my 3rd grade teacher read it aloud to our class. This film makes several changes, like setting the story in modern times for instance, but all those lovable penguins are enough to keep you entertained, even if the movie feels at times like a Nickelodeon special. 6/10.
September 4, 2014
Too good to be missed
April 30, 2011
I'll be surprise if those funny and cute penguins were real in the film, which it's funny like a Carrey comedy with some of his usual elements. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 18, 2014
This isn't any Academy Award winner, but it is more fun than you might imagine.
August 14, 2014
Really good. Shocked me.
August 17, 2011
Mr. Popper is a driven businessman who is clueless when it comes to the important things in life. Mr. Popper finally understands what he's been missing, thanks to a new inheritance: six penguins. Maybe a film for the kids nothing to get into a flap about funnty at times and heat warming
August 8, 2014
It'd have been three stars but they really dropped the logic ball with the parents' reconciliation considering the mom had a serious boyfriend who kind of was just there.
August 3, 2014
Not bad, but not very original either.
July 26, 2014
This one-time joke film may not be the worst family film but it doesn't reach the high standards of Carrey's previous work. But despite that, kids may like it.
July 17, 2014
Jim Carrey's antics wear thin in this maudlin, soapy family comedy.
July 12, 2014
Mr.Popper's Penguins is a good light-hearted timepass comedy,you laugh a lot,enjoy the feel and its a good family movie,Jim Carrey is best
ForrestBlump
September 28, 2011
Did buy this after seen it the first time , still very lovely ...loved it ! SOMDVD
July 2, 2014
Childlike entertainment with cute looking CGI animals. Very generic with Jim Carrey on mild form.
Sgt. Cockstrain
June 24, 2014
(20%)
An almost complete waste of time, money, and talent, leading to a pointless overall end result, with no real message at all to anything. And as the penguins themselves are nothing but glorified cartoon characters without hardly a shred of actual penguin behaviour meaning that the poor kids that watch this won't even learn anything. Carrey is a fine comic talent with a very good sense of acting ability, but here he is lost in a script written by far too many different people for such a simple story, and yet this somehow feels like it was created by a soulless machine. It could be worse, but this was still always destined to fall flat.
June 22, 2014
An inoffensive, mildly amusing family comedy which has some comical moments due to the slapstick penguins, but nothing really stands out about it. The lack of puerile humour is refreshing, but the story is predictable cliché and the premise is nothing new.
June 22, 2014
Probably perfect for very young kids, but unless you're over 6 and into overt mawkishness and an abundance of poop jokes, this would be one to avoid