70% The Equalizer Sep 26

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Mr. Rice's Secret Reviews

August 20, 2008
Someone deserves the grand prize for persuading David Bowie to participate in this minor drama .The movie is bland and ordinary and kinda stupid.
March 9, 2013
Loved this movie! Great watch, David Bowie did a marvelous job!
May 31, 2012
Loved this movie and the incredible story it told. The acting was very solid. One of the best family movies I've seen in quite a while.
May 13, 2012
March 28, 2012
it is a good film with a great message live your life and don't regret anything
Traceymovies
October 26, 2011
It's what you do in life that counts.
****************

Mr. Rice's Secret is a wonderful opportuitity to explore the
imporantance each of us represents in Life. No matter how long
or short your life is; it's what you do while your here that
counts. How you treat others and what you believe in. I liked
the moral this story left me with. Be true to yourself and each
other.Rejoice in every moment you have been given.
majikhandzz
March 18, 2011
happidevil
August 25, 2010
Lordy Lou, not even the presence of Bowie can save this smarmy drama. It so wanted to be Stand By Me but really failed on pretty much every. single. level. No clue as to why Bowie would have even signed up for this. Here is prime example at just how horrible this is, granted, I know kids can be mean, but really, what group of kids is going to beat up another kid, who has cancer and is going through chemo? Skip it... not even a hardcore Bowie fan should submit themselves to this glorified After School Special.
jam233
November 17, 2009
Sweet well meaning film with a good moral. It's a family oriented film, and one that older kids and adults would like. Good performances from everyone, including the kids. Nicely done. It's not exceptional in any way but it works.
carebear1979to2008
August 28, 2009
Great movie! Love the store to this one an the things that you can learn from it as well.
mariefiorantina2000
January 26, 2009
lovely film of a boy who is ill and gets help from mr.rice
CloudIsAMonkey
CloudIsAMonkey

May 21, 2007
Ooh, a secret. Now I HAVE to watch it...
Sylky
March 9, 2007
Great men can come in small packages. Clues such as a medieval code ring, a treasure map and a message written in secret code lead a young man with cancer on a treasure hunt that will bring him one step closer to his destiny-which may save his life. The strength of the movie lies in its humanity. A great story with a magical twist!
Kalasinar
February 13, 2007
A nice family film. I think it was originally titled 'Exhuming Mr Rice', but they scrapped that haha. Its a good story about a boy suffering with Hodgkin's disease. He finds himself set on an adventure to discover the secret of the late Mr Rice
jazza923
February 6, 2007
Bowie4life
October 21, 2006
This is a pretty Kool movie
Tamsgill
May 12, 2006
This is one of my all time favourite films, its well worth seeing!
Rex Fenestrarum
May 20, 2004
I had this movie on my DVR and it sat there for about a month... because it took four tries to get through it without falling asleep. This movie [i]means well [/i]- it has a unique story and a good (if unknown, aside from David Bowie) cast. But again, like so many movies out there, I just couldn't bring my self to care for any of these people. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do to fix this movie - while it's not really that [i]good[/i], it's not exactly [i]bad [/i]either. Of course, the fact that two of the characters are children with cancer is a downer and the "see it coming from a mile away" ending doesn't help. See it if you want, but don't blame me if you don't like it.