The top Mr. Smith Goes to Washington quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Jefferson Smith: And this country is bigger than the Taylors, or you, or me, or anything else. Great principles don't get lost once they come to light; they're right here! You just have to see them again.
- Sen. Joseph Paine: Mr. President, will the Senator yield?
- President of the Senate: Will the Senator yield?
- Jefferson Smith: No, sir, I'm afraid not, no sir.
- Jefferson Smith: You think I'm licked. You all think I'm
licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going
to stay right here and fight for this lost
cause. Even if this room gets filled with
lies like these, and the Taylors and all
their armies come marching into this place.
- Jefferson Smith: I wouldn't give you two cents for all your
fancy rules if, behind them, they didn't
have a little bit of plain, ordinary,
everyday kindness and a little looking out
for the other fella, too.