The Muppets Take Manhattan Reviews

March 10, 2008
Not the best of the Muppet films, alittle dull actually but there are still some excellent set pieces, the Muppets all riding bikes, the Mahattan scenes all look nice but the Broadway scenes are kinda plain and abit tooooo theatrical haha
Its just missing that zany Muppet magic, just abit too flat, still a better movie than most kiddie films these days, pure family fun.
May 12, 2011
The best of the Muppets.
michael e.
February 7, 2011
A great Creation from the mind of Jim Henson, with great songs, puppetry, plot, and acting. The only i didn't like was the random moment when kermit gets amnesia and i just thought it was useless for the movie
Movie Monster
January 19, 2011
For my 215th review, I'll be doing my favorite of the numerous Muppet movies, "The Muppets Take Manhattan"! Its got comedy, music, and great writing. Its what you'd expect from a movie that both kids and adults will enjoy.

The plot follows the Muppet gang as they come straight out of college. After performing a successful play in fron of the campus' students, the gang plans to take their play to Broadway and get it produced. Much hialarity and funniness ensues.

I'm not a big fan of musicals but I do enjoy watching them. This one has great toe-tapping tunes that anyone will be humming and singing for years to come. The amazing puppeteering allows the characters to perform the musical sequences amazingly.

Like a lot of the Muppets movies and specials, this one has great writing. The dialogue is so funny. Who knew puppets and humans can have great chemistry together? A smart script is the key to a good movie in my opinion. Trust me on this one, folks!

As we come to a close, all I want to say is that this is the best Muppet movie ever!!! The music is well composed, the songs have great lyrics, the writing is perfects, the jokes and gags stay funny and fresh and never wear, and its entertaining! "The Muppets Take Manhattan" is just as good as "The Muppet Movie"! Wait, I take that back! Better! But I can't decide if the original is better or worse. Hence the fact that they have the same ratings.

Me writing this review is making me more anticipated for Jason Segal's Muppet movie that will be out later this year. Can't wait to see the Muppets come back to the screen for the first time in 12 years. Yes. Its been that long.

"I think we're engaged."
½ September 6, 2010
Another very funny Muppet movie, it has a great story and many memorable songs. I love it.
May 24, 2009
Again... how does anyone NOT love the Muppets?!?
January 25, 2007
i always enjoy each muppets film. the world created by muppets blending in with society is just way too much fun, and the stories are always absurd but fun. one of the muppets better movies.
June 7, 2007
It's a bit of a mess. The Muppets go to Manhattan to launch their new stage show. Kermit loses his memory and gets lost, and the rest of the Muppets go looking for him. The songs aren't very memorable. But the Muppet characters we've grown to love are there to take us on a nice tour of New York.
½ February 9, 2007
I am such a sucker for anything muppets. It's even better that I got this DVD free in a box of cereal. So cute and fun and silly.
January 31, 2007
A great Muppet movie where Kermit and Piggy may or may not have gotten married.
December 10, 2006
This is my first Muppets movie when I was a kid. The songs are great and the gags are well up to scratch too. Great fun.
½ November 26, 2011
The Muppets Take Manhattan (and more) in this third Muppet film. In this tale the Muppets take to Broadway in search of glamour and fame, but find the world of showbiz to be harsh and cruel. Yet, Kermit perseveres in order to keep his friends together. This installment finds the Muppets at the top of their game, with human actors who seamlessly blend into the film (which is not always the case with the Muppets). The cameos are a bit toned down from previous films, but still deliver some wonder moments with celebrities such as Joan Rivers, Brooke Shields, and former New York City Mayor Ed Koch. Director Frank Oz has created a wonderful film that not only entertains, but delivers a positive message about following your dreams and the bonds of friendship. But first and foremost, The Muppets Take Manhattan is a comedy for all ages; wocka, wocka, wocka.
December 3, 2007
It's been so many years since I saw this or any of the original Muppet movies. I just saw it with my nephew and niece. It was kind of disappointing, but I think I had more fun than they did. Their ages put them in a place where maybe they are a little too old and a little too young to appreciate it. Then the celebrity cameos are the sort of things that were always geared toward parents and grandparents anyways.

I had forgotten the Muppets are graduating from college at the beginning. They have a musical that they've been performing to adoring college peer crowds and they decide to take it to New York City. In the Big Apple they realistically have to face showbiz rejection though. The friends break up. It is fun to see the miserable places that each Muppet character goes. Even though they don't fit in in these places where they are separated from their friends the common theme is present of making new friends. Kermit keeps trying to find a way to make his musical dreams come true. Of course this is the other beloved theme of being persistent in pursuing your dreams that Muppet fans like to see. His separation from his friends and his goal is delayed until later in the movie by a tragic car accident. There are several magical visual effects and special songs. A highlight is the "live action" Muppet Babies segment. The big, big, big show stopping number at the end is sweet and romantic, but not the razzmatazz wild number I was hoping to see. Still it was a lot of fun to re-live this classic.
Bradley T. Johnson
½ July 26, 2010
A delightful and charming film, with an adorable story, cute characters and a touching finale. Overall Rating:86
½ August 6, 2007
Love all muppets movies.
June 21, 2007
This is probably why I love musicals. "Look at me, here I am, right where I beeeelooooong..."
September 18, 2006
I was expecting better. Don't get me wrong... all the characters are still great. But none of the songs were catchy, and the ending was bad. Watch it for the classic characters.
June 17, 2012
This is probably my favorite Muppet movie. It's really funny and the celebrity appearances are great!
½ June 1, 2010
I mean, the Muppets are always going to be charming. This movie is kind of sloppy though, the main conflict is a convenient case of amnesia that leaves Kermit in the care of some corporate frogs just as his musical is about to debut on Broadway. Boring. Would have been better had they focused on the Muppets being in unfamiliar surroundings, contrasting them with the city's rougher edges. As is, we don't get nearly enough time with the best Muppets nor much about the musical itself.
April 27, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if I had a nightmare about this later.
Oh yes! The movie review: I'm not a huge fan of Muppets, but it was pretty good for what it was. (If not a bit obnoxious at times.)