My Faraway Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Faraway Bride Reviews

iLeo
½ December 15, 2007
A good movie. Fairly well story plot. This is an interesting tale of love that follows two young people who meet and connect right at the beginning. Good cast.
½ January 20, 2010
Nothing special to report here. I've seen someo of those actors in other things, both the American and Indian actors. It's your typical love story, only a little stalkeresk. It's pretty much like Bride and Prejudice, only Bride and Prejudice has better actors.
½ January 18, 2010
Jason lewis+ Indian movie = Epic Fail!!!! What a waste of scenic shots/good songs. They could have shown more Bombay and less acting from everyone to make it bearable.
½ May 5, 2012
Typical Bollywood love...Please...
½ September 2, 2008
This was a sweet and ridiculous movie.
½ January 4, 2009
Terrible! Not even the music could distract me from this disaster! I know it's a typical Bollywood plot but honestly it could not get any worse than the Marigold plot and at least I enjoyed that one.
½ March 31, 2011
good genre blending fish out of water tale
½ March 19, 2010
the biggest fallout here is the fact that Kashmira Shah has not much of a spark nor charm to attract people to believe that an American guy would go across the continent to see her.
Oh yeah, Gulshan Grover was too typical Indian baddie.
½ March 8, 2010
I'm actually a fan of Bollywood movies mixed with American flair. I enjoyed the dance scenes and all the colorful costumes. The plot wasn't so great, but I thought Kashmira Shah was very beautiful and Jason Lewis is a hunk.
February 24, 2010
Cute storyline for the hopeless romantics out there. "In the end love does come with sacrifice, but you might get more happiness in the bargain."
½ January 20, 2010
½ January 18, 2010
November 17, 2007
it had a lot of funny parts, but a lot of bad acting...
½ July 28, 2007
eh it had its moments
½ December 20, 2009
lol, that was quite good fun. :O)
½ September 17, 2009
They keep making the Bollywood crossovers, and I keep watching them and enjoying them!
Lots of big surprises-they know each other for 3 days (or 4 or two weeks) and fall in love and will make it work! The arranged fiance is really a bad guy! The choreographer gets to be a star! And dad just can't see daughter unhappy! So yay all is good and love and dancing. And I loved the city scenes.
September 29, 2009
looks pretty bad, which is disappointing.
August 23, 2009
I liked the plot and some of the dancing, but Jason Lewis was just awful.
August 9, 2009
Was this rereleased? I saw the 2008 version with Jason Lewis from Sex & the City, not the 2006 version. I enjoy Bollywood movies mostly for the dances. It's a fairy tale love - the guy falls in love with the girl and even though they only met for 3 days, he searches for her in Mumbai. Of course, she's promised to another man who is her link for an extraordinary acting career.

I give it 3 stars because the actors are so happy and innocent it's fun to watch. :-)
½ June 14, 2009
pretty bad all around. the Bobby/Chintu plot was much more engaging than the main plot line.