My Big Fat Greek Wedding Reviews

June 24, 2011
Really funny!
½ November 16, 2010
As a Greek person this movie was only partially accurate and therefore irritates me.
February 19, 2008
An adorable romantic comedy starring Nia Vardalos & John Corbett about a 30 year old woman that helps her family run their family restaurant, Dancing Zorba's. Toula (Vardalos) is expected to get married to a greek man & run the restaurant until she dies. Then one day she meets Ian Miller (Corbett) who she decides to change the way she looks for him. Then she meets him again when she works at a Travel Agency. They go on a couple dates & they fall in love :) Her family of course doesn't approve because Ian is not Greek. So she has to sneak around with him for a while until Toula's family decides to have Ian baptized. Even more hilarious antics ensue when Ian's family meets Toula's family. This is an heart warming tale of true love & the family who you love at the end of the day no matter how crazy they are :)
½ July 29, 2010
did not understand it
½ June 24, 2007
Rom com about a geeky Greek girl who lives at home with her family. They are proud Greeks, big, loud and love food. Toula meets a non Greek guy and he tries to fit in. Funny and touching.
January 29, 2010
It was funny at times, but gets dull after a while!
½ November 19, 2009
A horribly corny and over the top sob story about a pathetic girl turning into a Cinderella type. The entire cast was annoying and almost intolerable, not funny by any means. The fact that this made as much money as it did is extremely alarming.
July 31, 2009
May 24, 2009
Simply hysterical!! Very well done!
November 30, 2008
Great fun, but only if you've had enough exposure to Greek culture to appreciate how good a satire it is, otherwise it's just another American romantic comedy. Filmed in Toronto's Danforth Greek community - it was good to see recognisable locations.
½ September 27, 2008
My Big Fat Greek Wedding, is such a funny comedy starring Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, & Lainie Kazan.

This movie shows the good and the bad when a family that is devout Greeks deal with the (Vardalos) getting married to someone that is not of the same has many funny scenes worth watching.
½ July 31, 2008
Lots of fun, but I was waiting for Toula and Ian to have some kind of fight about his early noncommittal assessment of her "weird" family. Toula seems to be generally okay talking smack about her own family, but I sensed that if someone else even corroborates the fact, she would get defensive.
½ August 29, 2007
I didn't like it.
½ May 27, 2007
totally NOT funny. as in, like, made me want to blow my brains out.
½ June 10, 2007
I've always meant to watch MBFGW. Nia Vardalos originated in Winnipeg which is my home town. The movie is pretty funny although I feel the Greekness feels exaggerated. Great writing Nia!
May 21, 2007
Pretty good
½ February 27, 2007
Nia Vardolos is the most popular Greek-American comedienne in this fantastic and hilarious comedy film.
½ February 21, 2007
Seen it, don't remember a thing.
February 5, 2007
This movie does not deserve the high praise it enjoyed. I know that you can't argue comedy, but these jokes are stale even for a second rate sit com.
December 27, 2006