My Dear Secretary Reviews

September 5, 2010
You know how it will end just by reading the title, but this is a funny and entertaining movie with a great cast, so it's worth seeing.
½ August 17, 2008
Pure fluff with two stars much better then the material given.
April 10, 2006
The two leads, Kirk Douglas and Laraine Day really lift this standard and predictable romantic comedy. There is also a great supporting cast. Keenan Wynn is at his best, Helen Walker, Rudy Vallee and Florence Bates all shine. Enjoyable fluff.
½ March 11, 2004
(DVD) (First Viewing, 1st Martin film)

A pleasant enough Hollywood comedy. Starring Kirk Douglas and Laraine Day as a famous writer and his aspiring writer secretary respectively, [b]My Dear Secretary[/b] never really lives up to its potential for laughs. Actually, both stars are upstaged by the supporting character, namely Keenen Wynn as Douglas' crazy neighbor, and the august Florence Bates as the nosy landlady. Wynn was a particular surprise, because I've only seen him as a frail old man grieving over his dying wife in [b]Nashville[/b], and this performance couldn't be more different than that one.

I wanted to watch something effortless and light, and that's exactly what [b]My Dear Secretary[/b] did. I really couldn't ask it for more.